battery dead. door won't open. help!

Hamjack

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 4:49 PM, Hamjack said:

2019 forester. I tried simultaneously turning the key and pulling on the door multiple times.  Didn't work.

This happened to my Levorg. From memory I turned the key and held it on turn for 3 or 4 seconds. Assuming you do get in to pop the bonnet it's unlikely that you'll be able to jump start from leads ( he was right). My dealer told me that you need a super powerful Battery pack due to the amount of electronic equipment on modern cars. Britannia rescue started it with theirs first time.

On 7/23/2021 at 4:49 PM, Hamjack said:

2019 forester. I tried simultaneously turning the key and pulling on the door multiple times.  Didn't work.

See other threads on this forum, e.g. the recent one    battery issues 2020 0utback (and also threads on the USA forum subaruoutback.org) for, hopefully, a solution to help prevent this in future (spoiler alert: always drive with your sidelights on to force the alternator - which charges the car's Battery - to operate and so always recharge the Battery and keep it topped up).  

Apparently, modern subarus, like lots of other modern cars, have a Battery charging algorithm that shuts the alternator off to flatter the mpg figures.  The alternator only kicks in when the Battery is very low and, I've read, this has a long term negative effect on the battery and its longevity.  There might be other more sophisticated explanations, but that's my lay person, simple understanding, of what's going on.  I'm sure I'll be corrected if need be 🙂