Boot opening

Sarahfrench

Hi Sarah,

Another XV in Gloucestershire - welcome.

Unfortunately I believe you still have to manually release the hatch when you get to it.

One thing I have learnt is that when you park the car if you hold the lock button and press the subaru log button twice the little red light on the key fob flashes 4 times.

Once you have done this the key fob stops giving off a signal ( can't be grabbed by the bad guys).

This also deactivates the keyless entry by holding the door handle.

Instead press the subaru logo buton on the key fob to unlock the drivers door.

Press it twice to unlock all the doors.

Hopefully you will tel us what model and colour your car is.

Regards Les

• Like 1

Does the XV also have the pin access code on the boot like the OB?  I set mine up as soon as I got the car as its useful should you find yourself locked out and/or with the keys locked inside.  It designed for those who do outdoor activities, especially water sports, when carrying the non-waterproof key fob can be an issue.

'Secret' pin code set-up

The link above shows a Gen6 OB but it also applies to the Gen5

2 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Hi Sarah,

Another XV in Gloucestershire - welcome.

Unfortunately I believe you still have to manually release the hatch when you get to it.

One thing I have learnt is that when you park the car if you hold the lock button and press the subaru log button twice the little red light on the key fob flashes 4 times.

Once you have done this the key fob stops giving off a signal ( can't be grabbed by the bad guys).

This also deactivates the keyless entry by holding the door handle.

Instead press the subaru logo buton on the key fob to unlock the drivers door.

Press it twice to unlock all the doors.

Hopefully you will tel us what model and colour your car is.

Regards Les

Les, that's also a good idea if you, for example, pitch a tent next to the car (within range of the car door) so avoiding anyone unwelcome trying to access the car.  It's also worth checking if the 'live' fob is detected by your car when the car is on the drive at home, or anywhere in range of where the keys are normally stored.

20 hours ago, Justin Time said:

Does the XV also have the pin access code on the boot like the OB?  I set mine up as soon as I got the car as its useful should you find yourself locked out and/or with the keys locked inside.  It designed for those who do outdoor activities, especially water sports, when carrying the non-waterproof key fob can be an issue.

'Secret' pin code set-up

The link above shows a Gen6 OB but it also applies to the Gen5

The pin access code pad is on the XV hidden in a compartment on the dashboard.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:16 PM, Justin Time said:

How do you access that from the outside when the car is locked?

Actually upon reflection I seem to recollect seeing something about entering a pin code on the tailgate release, but I lost the will to live after the first sentence as I'd be sure to miscount somewhere along the line and then subsequently forget what the code was  😢

I Haven't yet worked out what the pincode pad in the dash does .........

11 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

Actually upon reflection I seem to recollect seeing something about entering a pin code on the tailgate release, but I lost the will to live after the first sentence as I'd be sure to miscount somewhere along the line and then subsequently forget what the code was  😢

I Haven't yet worked out what the pincode pad in the dash does .........

I know exactly what you mean 🙂 It's just my nerdiness (you've worked that out already, no doubt) that made me persist with the tailgate pin code!