'Secret' Factory/Dealer settings access

Justin Time

I'm not sure if this is old news to more established Subaru owners, but after the 'batteries issues' thread I found a way to access factory and dealership settings via the infotainment screen, gleaned from a US website.   Works on the Gen5, Gen6 OB and maybe on Levorg and XV, Impreza too if they have the same infotainmnet system.

To access Factory settings - press and hold the 'home' button (the house icon) on the main infotainmnet screen, while simultaneously pressing the tune/scroll button x2.  Gives access to a wide range of settings, information and possible adjustments.

To access Dealer settings -  press and hold the home button, while simultaneously pressing the tune/scroll button x6.

Works with the engine running or not, but with acc on.

Both of the above show what I was searching for - the Battery charging rate and state.  Mine was 14.4 v while running, and 12.2 v while engine off (but side lights and radio on - no a/c on).  Needless to say I didn't change anything.  As they say 'a little knowledge....'

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Apologies for digging this one up, but only just got round to trying it out - thanks Justin for the post - you do have to be fairly quick with the fingers to get into the settings. The Factory Settings seem the most useful.

I thought my late 2019 car was a Generation 5  but slightly confused by stuff under the System Info & Product Info settings - in the latter is says: "Subaru-Gen3-Mid-EU-MY2017-REVA".

Also several software titles mention dates ranging from 2015 to 2017 so has the dealer just not updated the car or is this standard for EU models? Or, has the car been sitting in a field for two years before being sold?

I know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it . . . .

• Like 2