Knocking sound when turning

Fletchaman

Hi All hope your well

I am getting a knocking sound when turning on my Subaru Forester 2013 I mainly hear it when going around roundabouts, any ideas what may be causing it and costs to repair?

Thanks all much appreciated 

Fletch

Constant rattling/clicking sound? could be CV joint, might get away with repacking the joints with fresh grease, certainly worth trying.

A more suspension knocking sound might be drop links, cheap enough to buy and easy to fit DIY.

You'll have to get underneath and suss out what's wrong.

4 minutes ago, Judd said:

Constant rattling/clicking sound? could be CV joint, might get away with repacking the joints with fresh grease, certainly worth trying.

A more suspension knocking sound might be drop links, cheap enough to buy and easy to fit DIY.

You'll have to get underneath and suss out what's wrong.

I had the front lower control arm bushes replaced as Subaru told me they were worn on its service. Has reduced it but not stopped the knocking sound when turning? It’s not a rattle its a definite knocking/thud, thud, thud sound

As mentioned - sounds like a cv joint to me - go into a car park and put your car on full lock, drive slowly forwards and or backwards and if you get a cyclic clunk, clunk, clunk it is the cv joint

3 hours ago, Jay762 said:

As mentioned - sounds like a cv joint to me - go into a car park and put your car on full lock, drive slowly forwards and or backwards and if you get a cyclic clunk, clunk, clunk it is the cv joint

HI Buddy will try that see what happens, would it be more apparent if the car was cold or does it make no difference?

16 minutes ago, Fletchaman said:

HI Buddy will try that see what happens, would it be more apparent if the car was cold or does it make no difference?

It makes no difference - A key indicator is if you increase speed slightly and the cyclic clunking increases, reduce speed and the clunking slows down as well

35 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

It makes no difference - A key indicator is if you increase speed slightly and the cyclic clunking increases, reduce speed and the clunking slows down as well

Ok I’ll try it different speeds. Thanks for your help much appreciated