New owner advice

Dave Llama

Many opinions on this one - like oil use.

I have always used 99ron particularly vPower. I use it in NA bikes, cars and turbo cars. I found it gave slightly better MPG and the engines ran smoother. I also (and this may be placebo / marketing BS) like the idea of the cleaners they put in to keep the system clean.

Given the recent uplift in ethanol content I would suggest you run a higher Ron with a lower E content.

If you bought it as an investment and occasional enjoyment steer clear of the lower Ron high Ethanol content fuels, you dont want those sat in your tank. Go for higher ron and consider adding a fuel stabiliser

• Like 1

According to my manual (although a newer shape and most boxers the same) mines a 2.5 and it says to use premium fuel. But I do occasional mix it when I need a bit extra fuel so it doesn't cost as much to put more in.  I'm going to be getting a Terraclean done on mine soon which will clear the carbon out of the system and will improve running & MPG's.

Check inside fuel cap! Should have rating in there, mines minimum 97 ron! I baby the car so it always gets Shell V power, and like Jay said, the marketing  of the cleaners give me a little bit of piece of mind! Whether or not they actually work is a different story! 

I'd steer clear of the E10 fuels don't want that rubbish sitting in your tank! 

• Like 1