2005 JDM WRX Wagon

Mikku

The trouble with the brighter bulbs is that they highlight the cloudiness and haziness of the headlight lenses. I'd love to replace the headlights with something like the ones below but will probably have a go at refurbishing the lenses first. 👍

C-bar headlights.jpg

C-bar lights.jpg

• Like 1

Fitted some Kartboy rear sway bar endlinks at the weekend. The standard OEM ones were actually in quite good nick, so I'm assuming that they've been changed at some point. Will have a go at changing the front ones this weekend then report back with some driving impressions.

Endlinks 1.jpg

Endlinks 2.jpg

KB right 1.jpg

KB left 2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, it took me over 4 months to get round to doing it, but this past week I finally fitted all of the above. More specifically, the WRX now has a new OEM shifter linkage u-joint but with uprated TIC linkage bushings and a new spring pin, Kartboy front and rear shifter bushings, Kartboy transmission crossmember bushings and a Whiteline transmission mount insert. The result is now a super sweet-changing gear shift. There is slightly more NVH, I'm guessing due to the KB and Whiteline transmission bushings, but I can live with that. I still have some rear diff and outrigger bushes to go on, along with an STi pitch stopper, so those are my next jobs to do before I order anything else, i.e., bigger sway bars!! In the meantime, I'm simply enjoying driving the car without a sloppy gear shift!

Impreza 45.jpg

Impreza 42.jpg

• 4 months later...

The leather on my stock Momo steering wheel having started to peel off, I'd been thinking about recovering it or replacing it with something else. Recently a chance to pick up a DAMD wheel came my way. For those who don't know this Japanese brand, their wheels are crazily expensive but cool-looking, with an ergonomic design and an optional flat bottom. A nice wheel for sure but I had discounted them, not only from a cost point of view but also because wheels for the earlier generation models have been discontinued. However, when a later model one popped up for sale in my local used parts store, I jumped on it. I had to buy another wheel to get the correct-sized airbag/horn cover for it then transfer the airbag device over from the Momo but otherwise it fits. All a bit nerve-wracking, messing around with airbags but the result was worth it. I've attached a few pics below, starting with the Momo and finishing with the DAMD. 😎

Momo Steering Wheel.jpg

Three into one.jpg

Airbag swap 1.jpg

Airbag swap 3.jpg

Damd 3c.jpg

Damd 4c.jpg

• 3 months later...

A neighbour of mine recently sold on his ‘06 Hawkeye STi, shown next to mine in the first pic below. Although he could have sold them separately, he very kindly donated his spare parts to me. Sad to see his Scooby go, but happy to receive some STi freebies! Familyphoto2.jpg.0b9b2853fec6480493fffc837a076d98.jpg

Headlights and bulbs.jpg

STi grill inserts.jpg

STi foglight covers.jpg

STi mud flap set.jpg

Tow hook.jpg

Front bumper 1.jpg