HI,

Based in Banbury, just joined to look at this years insurance. I have the issue of "normal insurers" giving a ridiculously low market value of my Legacy. I have tried Flux, but they don't reply to emails, and when i did a call back i gave up after sitting on hold for 20 mins! Anyway, mines a 2005 Legacy Sport R 2.0 NA. Picked it up a few years ago with only 47k miles, it's on 51k now. Its my first Subaru, and i love its solidness, grip. Its a great motorway cruiser and in great condition. I'm in the process of deciding how best to move ahead with servicing (it has a great SH), so deciding if i take it to RM Performance, or Richard at FB Tuning. My issue is its all getting a bit spendy. I'd like to get things done to know they've been done, so spark plugs, diff, gearbox oil change, brake fluid change, coolant. I also know I should probably get new discs, pads all round (nothing wrong with the stopping power, just corrosion). I had a look under it and things need a waxoyl.......where to start!

Tim

Subaru Heritage Front.jpg

Wotcha and welcome - great motor there. I also had a rubbish expeience with Flux, went with SKY now Safely insurance much better service a reduction in cost.

With respect to the car servicing I would say look at brakes first as not being able to stop your car in good time is never a good position to be in. Dependant on your toolbox and willingness to get stuck in the brakes discs and pads are quite straight forward to do yourself. Doing the fluids again is not a huge job to do yourself but teh plugs can be a bit of a faff, I undo the engine mount bolts and jack the engine up at an angle to be able to get into the hard to reach plugs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jay762 said:

Wotcha and welcome - great motor there. I also had a rubbish expeience with Flux, went with SKY now Safely Insurance much better service a reduction in cost.

With respect to the car servicing I would say look at brakes first as not being able to stop your car in good time is never a good position to be in. Dependant on your toolbox and willingness to get stuck in the brakes discs and pads are quite straight forward to do yourself. Doing the fluids again is not a huge job to do yourself but teh plugs can be a bit of a faff, I undo the engine mount bolts and jack the engine up at an angle to be able to get into the hard to reach plugs.

Thanks for the info. I would definitely get stuck in with some items with it, the issue i have is i don't have a driveway, neither do family members. Theres probably a bit of an outlay of kit as well, such as the brake bleeding kits, clamps to get the piston back in etc. The brake performance is fine, nothing on the MOT advisories on it. It was Halfords (i know....mistake) that listed it as needing to be change due to corrosion. I'll have a look at SKY and Safely insurance. Did they do agreed value?

11 hours ago, Koolerking said:

Thanks for the info. I would definitely get stuck in with some items with it, the issue i have is i don't have a driveway, neither do family members. Theres probably a bit of an outlay of kit as well, such as the brake bleeding kits, clamps to get the piston back in etc. The brake performance is fine, nothing on the MOT advisories on it. It was Halfords (i know....mistake) that listed it as needing to be change due to corrosion. I'll have a look at SKY and Safely insurance. Did they do agreed value?

Brake bleeding kit is an old jar and some tube, no big expense there, yes the caliper tool is a good idea I have made do with large screwdrivers for years but teh eBay ones are now really cheap and do the job with a lot less bother.

Sky, now safely do an agreed value