2010 Outback (new to me) questions.

Gravy

Hello. I just bought a 2010 2.5l petrol auto OB at 79k and now I've driven it a bit there are some questions, if you can help I'd appreciate it.

Performance. I know it's not a rocket, but the car feels a bit sluggish esp. mid-range. Has anyone experienced better performance by changing the air filter (maybe K&N?), or a free- flowing exhaust or some kind of engine manangment upgrade?

Ride. It's a bit crashy on some roads, esp. at the rear, and feels a bit like like old shocks. Has anyone swapped out the shocks and seen an improvement in ride quality? The tyres are new-ish Yokohama's.

ICE/Sat-nav. I'm interested to know if anyone has sucessfully replaced the head unit with a more effective system or some other neat solution. There's no USB either, so any conversion kits so I can use the phone for navigation. Any sugestions welcome.

Wheel arch protectors/OB spares. These are available in the States as OE but anyone know of a supplier in Europe?

It's going for a full service next week.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome - Most cars will benefit from a high flowing panel filter and exhaust system with an associated map. The engine will then be running at its optimum and not have all the compromises teh manufacturers are forced to adopt. Many have seen fuel improvements of a 2-4mpg plus gains in the. midrange

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2022 at 8:59 AM, Jay762 said:

Welcome - Most cars will benefit from a high flowing panel filter and exhaust system with an associated map. The engine will then be running at its optimum and not have all the compromises teh manufacturers are forced to adopt. Many have seen fuel improvements of a 2-4mpg plus gains in the. midrange

Thanks Jay762. I'll start researching filters and exhaust systems and post my experiences/choices.

• Like 1