help with engine change...blobeye 2004

nictriumph

help with engine change

middle of changing engines due to worn crank,knocking!,owner has brought me a an engine to fit,,,,this picture shows original engine,,what is that thing in red circle? the replacement engine has not got one or hole to fit too

thanks for now

100_1797 original engine 1.jpg

100_1798 replacement engine.JPG

i know what is.....EGR control valve and pipe going to head from manifold

can the replacement engine be converted to take egr pipe? what size is it and what drill bit size would i need?

thanks nic

100_1798 replacement engine.JPG

started to have a look at old engine,,front left piston knocking from big end bearings,this is the only piston thats has the knock.......fingers crossed it has not touched the crank,hopefully its all good

well ive split the engine and front left piston bearing shells are gone,so full set of con rod bearings are needed,,,,not sure about the crank bearings....heres a few pictures of crank bearings....any ideas if they are still good to use?    there was no play in crank before strip down

L1.JPG

L2.JPG

L3.JPG

R1.JPG

R2.JPG

R3.JPG

I'd measure up the journals and see if they're in factory spec , If so  I think a new set of stock shells are under £100 .

Would be a shame to spend £1k+ on gaskets and a timing belt kit , just to end up with crank rumble 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1