cheap mods

stants

car will be going in for it's mot in the next week or so after that i'll be putting a little bit of cash into some goodies,

obviously cash is going to be limited until paternity/maternity leave is over so depending on what the nice tester throws up no big things, till next year

gonna start with a new pitch stop and brake master cylinder, then look at new roll bar droplinks and various polly bush bits as and when time & cash allow, any one got any pointers as to any more bits that don't cost the earth but will improve things ?

Haha, only place that needs a touch up is the n/s bumper scuff. The hail stone damage would be too costly to repair and hasn't broken the paint so it's all good. Think i'm going down the q car sleeper look.

Does anyone know if the master cylinder stopper/booster for the impreza will fit mine ? Looks like it does but who can tell without getting hold of on

Give marting at Scooby services a call im sure he can help you out with that, as for cheap mods, Air filter for some chattering goodness ? Alloy links are always good but try a Scooby breakers usually there are a few crop up in there from time to time :0 save big bucks as well

• Like 1

to be fair the interior of a car has never really bothered me,as long as it's a decent and comfy wheel/seat combo what else dose one need ? i spend 90% of the time looking out the windscreen so if my passengers don't like it tough don't ask for a lift !  

number one pet hate is other people adjusting the heating or asking me to wind window up, i'm driving so i need to be comfy, 

i've changed the gaiter on gear stick just looking out for a nice new nob  :D that will fit and feel nice 

Haha I don't think I've ever had anyone mess about with my heating so far. But I do know what you mean about the window, the Missus ask's me all the time :) And I always sit in the car and look at bit's and think might change that it would look good silver :) 

As far as handiling mods go .I've changed my arbs and links and did notice a bit of difference but ,not as much as when I swapped the springs over for elibach pro's .

Think the cheapest (free ) mod I've done was to remove the intake resonator under the inner wing (although I'm not sure if your foz has one) but it helps the car breathe easier when accompanied with a pannel filter .

Just don't vent your gas in tbe vicinity of anyone !

I'm thinking of keeping my a/c it needs a re gas though. Does the impreza strut fit the foz ? They seem to be cheaper than the foz specific ones (only ones i've come across are whiteline)

Eventually everything will be re bushed. As and when they need doing. Praying he wishbones don't need it for a while as it's a fortune. Did it with my 5 made a 22 year old car feel new.

True, just drawing up a list and prioritising things :-)

Numder one on the list before anything else is a waxoil before winter.

Suppose if anyone has one on a classic. maybe they could measure up and clearence etc.

The whiteline ones did look slightly different in the pic but without seeing one who knows

• Like 1

looking at this i think that they are both the same, as long as the brace goes behind the i/c then we're ok 

impreza whiteline brace 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Whiteline-Front-Brace-Strut-Tower-Mount-Behind-IC-Impreza-GC-Wrx-KSB551-/200965497223?_trksid=p2054897.l4276

forester whiteline brace

http://www.h-dev.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=78_178_338_721_726&products_id=2553

so i guess i can just get one from scoobyparts or somewhere else save fifty bits and it will fit  :)

I make it 1190 mm centres

I measured from the outside off the strut nut (closest to the o/s inner wing ) to the inside of the strut nut (closest to the n/s inner wing) .

And the 3 nuts at the top of each strut are at (roughly) 125 mm centers.

Let me know if you want any more measurements or pics bud .

If it doesn't fit say the mrs bought it for yer and they might exchange it ;-)

• Like 2