cheap mods

stants

the scoobs a 97 (v3) uk turbo and ive swapped the tmic for a v3sti one which is the same size but apparently flows a bit better .As for pics I took this today with the tmic removed

ED6A58B9-orig_zps02826842.jpg

and iv got this one with the tmic fitted but id check those measurements fella as I don't know if the foz has a wider track and therefore the struts might be further apart  

f4ee9320-62a7-4000-ada1-b9f0ccfae4a8_zps

Cheers, as far as i'm aware it's the same, i'll go have a measure tomorrow and see. I'll just do it from the top of the centre of the strut tower. It was more the clearance round the back of the ic that i was worried about but from your picture it looks almost the same

I took mine from the 2 furthest nuts the strut brace fixes to as I couldn't hold the tape in the centre accurately on my own .so clipped the tape on the outside of the drivers side nut and took the measurement from the inside of the passengers side one to get the centre's (if that makes sense lol)

Right had a measure

Couldn't work out exactly where you took yours from but here's what i came up with, all are a rough reading

Strut top centre to centre 105cm

Inner bolt to inner 95cm

Top to top 102cm

Outer to outer 122cm

5cm clearence from bulk head to top of i/c only thing that looks different is i have a hard pipe from manifold runs over top to the barke servo ? Can't see it on yours ? Saying that i've not been able to zoom in on yours

Sorry for the late reply bud I forgot I posted on this thread .

Yeah I've got the hard pipe from the servo (you can just see it beneath the strut brace)

And I took the measurements from the two outter (drivers side to passengers side )12mm nuts on top of the strutt (theres 3 nuts on top of each strut That fix the strut into the suspension turret) .

Hope you get it sorted fella ,let me know how you get on .

Cheers Clive

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully didn't have half the tools needed at work so i spent 3/4 of an hour with a 12mm spanner undoing and tightening back up as couldn't be arsed with a 15 mile round trip to get a socket !

I just did everything up tight by hand, couldn't find any specific torque values for it and the top mounts wern't murdered up anyway

I know the guys at scooby parts were very helpfull looked up the white line braces in parts catalouge and conformed the impreza and foz bits were the same.

Said it would be pointless getting one of them as there own ones would fit. Saved me loads of money, free delivery and areived in under 24 hours

After a couple of days driving i can't beleive the difference the brace has made. I've always been a bit sceptical of them more for show and a placebo thing. But it has inceeased the stiffness and randomly it idles quieter. Maybe its stopped the enging from moving as much.

Hopefully with a new pitch stopper it will feel like new

• Like 1