The Last Imprezas

norfolkRX

I've just been looking on 'How Many Left' and it seems that very few non-turbo ( 1.6 and 2.0 litre) series 5 Imprezas were registered in this country.

2017 = 48,   2018 = 176,  2019 = 148,  2020 = 11   and 2021 = 4

which make these cars on the new global platform pretty rare.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/23/2023 at 12:04 PM, Tidgy said:

that site isn't particularly accurate tbh, but i would guess the number would indeed be low. I cant see them ever become that desirable though in truth.

Yes, I agree, unless you've experienced 4 wheel drive on rubbish country roads, or its safety credentials are very important to you, then there are better more stylish cars out there. Where I live, 4 wheel drive is definitely worth it compared to 'ordinary' cars I've driven.

I didn't want auto, but there's no choice now, and I wasn't convinced about the drop from 2.0 to 1.6, but I have to say the 1.6 auto is more spritely than the 2010 2.0 manual which was sluggish off the lights. I'm not keen on some of the tech and the ability not to default it off and Subaru's paranoid obsession with locking the doors all the time is not me. It does seem better built and finished than the previous one - time will tell.

On 2/24/2023 at 6:45 PM, norfolkRX said:

Yes, I agree, unless you've experienced 4 wheel drive on rubbish country roads, or its safety credentials are very important to you, then there are better more stylish cars out there. Where I live, 4 wheel drive is definitely worth it compared to 'ordinary' cars I've driven.

I didn't want auto, but there's no choice now, and I wasn't convinced about the drop from 2.0 to 1.6, but I have to say the 1.6 auto is more spritely than the 2010 2.0 manual which was sluggish off the lights. I'm not keen on some of the tech and the ability not to default it off and Subaru's paranoid obsession with locking the doors all the time is not me. It does seem better built and finished than the previous one - time will tell.

it's more the none turbo aspect, if it was an sti it would be alot more desirable.

Additionaly most special edition impreza's (particularly in the uk) are just paint jobs and minor tweaks, yet because they have the 'special' or 'limited' edition tag they tend to command more money

45 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

it's more the none turbo aspect, if it was an sti it would be alot more desirable.

Additionaly most special edition impreza's (particularly in the uk) are just paint jobs and minor tweaks, yet because they have the 'special' or 'limited' edition tag they tend to command more money

Normally I'd agree on that but with the current economic downturn I think ordinary people (as opposed to Subaru fans) are watching costs - there's a lot of WRX and STI models for sale at the moment.

3 minutes ago, norfolkRX said:

Normally I'd agree on that but with the current economic downturn I think ordinary people (as opposed to Subaru fans) are watching costs - there's a lot of WRX and STI models for sale at the moment.

Tbh the number is dropping off over the last few years, the amount being broken etc is only forcign the value up, i saw a perfectly good RB320 being broken the other week 😮