November at the 'Ring

Adam

It's normally really quiet at the 'Ring at this time of year, but this weekend the weather on Saturday was very good and it was quite busy.  There was snow on Sunday, but by then we were heading home!

r01.png

r02.png

r05.png

r06.png

r07.png

r09.png

My car wasn't the only Legacy 2.0 GL there!

GL.png

r10.png

r11.png

• Like 2

The photo with the BMWs and the Merc was in the hotel car park and belonged to our fellow guests.

Always a good time there. We didn't go with the expectation of doing a lot of driving because it's the wrong time of year. Both the Legacys that went were bought earlier in the year as cheap run-abouts as my GT-B has head gasket issues, and Rob's GT-V had bottom-end fail at Hockenheim. I hadn't been since 2012 so this weekend was my last chance to make sure my record of going every year was unbroken, even if it was only in a GL!

It also gave me a chance to take my 16-year old son for his first trip... Methinks he'll be going back whenever he can!

• Like 1

Thats the main thing you enjoyed it and got to give your son something he will more likely do in your footsteps. Or should that be tyre treads :D 

I thought you had done it with them being German car's on purpose ;) 

And after seeing the other legacy has just reminded me Mario bought one on here and was doing it up wonder how that got on. Guessing it was worse then he thought :( 

I was gutted not to be able to go on this run. My daughter went with them though, and now she is been bitten by the 'ring' bug.

I can see a family trip happening in 2014 :)

She was sat in the back of my car plotting ways to get her own car to the 'ring all the way home, and after talking to your wife today I think she is keen on taking her Z3 over too... Sounds like you're going to have a convoy from Coventry to Germany soon!

• Like 1

Can you help me persuade my family to go! The kids would love it, but my wife won't step foot in my car lol

Get her drunk ;) 

She was sat in the back of my car plotting ways to get her own car to the 'ring all the way home, and after talking to your wife today I think she is keen on taking her Z3 over too... Sounds like you're going to have a convoy from Coventry to Germany soon!

Might be planning a trip without him :D But can see your going to need some over time before Christmas Tlag sound like someone might have a car on the Christmas list :D

The next time I go, I will be driving my project car. The Christmas overtime is going straight into that :)

Anybody else in the family wants to take there own car, they can fund the trip themselves. :)

• Like 2

Ok I have to ask. What is it, and what are you doing. Or is this Project Area 52 top secret :D

And just as a side not don't worry if you are busy don't know if either of you can help this Gent with his Fozzie, with some tips http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/3362-modify-an-xt-to-sti-spec/

Hoover? How did you know? :)

I will l be sucking up the air from the atmosphere and converting it into lots of noise and lots of forward motion, :)

I will be a starting a build thread on the car, probably around Christmas time.

• Like 1

Hoover? How did you know? :)

I will l be sucking up the air from the atmosphere and converting it into lots of noise and lots of forward motion, :)

I will be a starting a build thread on the car, probably around Christmas time.

Sounds good to me :D Can I get a sneak question in. Is it to be a track car only or both, just to get my slaver glans going :D

• 3 weeks later...