2007 Impreza WRX Sti - Key fob not working, can't start car

Hi, I have a 2007 Impreza WRX Sti - suddenly my key won't work to open or close door (not the Battery - I checked 3 times and also tried spare key). When I put key in the ignition the dash lights come on (not the car battery) but the key button won't disengage the immobilizer and I cannot start the engine. Weirdly enough I managed to roll start (not jump cables) the car when I got people to push the car. Is this some kind of fuse problem or can anyone tell me what it is? Before I go to the garage and they may charge me a hefty invoice for something simple perhaps? Thank you 

If you have a spare key , do you have a metal tag with a code on it in with the paperwork? 

If so and on bug /blob (maybe hawk) this can be entered into the sigma keypad in a compartment by the drivers right knee .

As it does sound like a alarm fault, having neither the doors unlock and not starting. 

Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on ?

Thank you I did see the metal tag and I have the paperwork so I will have a go. 

I will check for sound of fuel pump too - but what does it mean if I do hear the fuel pump?

Thank you

I don't know for sure but if you can hear the pump I'd imagine it's more likely to be something other than a fob to car "communication " issue /reset .

As most alarms cut the power to ECU/pump /starter motor. 

Hopefully it's just a communication issue , by one fob Battery dying. 

Give subaru sigma alarm pin code override a google ,  hopefully a guide will come up and sort it 🤞