Sigma M30 problem!!

right, been to look at an Impreza today after the guy phoned me saying he was having immob issues. Basically both of his remotes have stopped working with the car so when he unlocks the doors with the key the alarm triggers. I tested both remotes with an RF tester & they're sending the correct RF frequency.

Now he has the original pin code as he bought the car from his uncle who had it from new & the pin hasn't been changed. So when entering the pin code into the key pad it does nothing. The little LED flashes briefly but the alarm still rings it's nuts off & he can't start the car.

Anybody had this before?

Craig

I'd check for a loose Battery cable 

But this might be of help to you. I'm not sure but if you want to send PM me your email I can send you some info on the alarms with some tricks to enter your own working code. 

Anyway forget the the boring !Removed! hope all is well mate sounds like you are keeping busy. Did you sell up ?

tested Battery & cables. Was a good 12v even though it'd been sat for a week with the alarm going off a fair few times when he'd been trying to get it going.

Yeh keeping very busy, been a little bit too busy this last few weeks. Been working down South & South West at the weekend so stayed down there over night. Covered 750 miles Sat & Sun going to different jobs.

Impreza went last month. Pretty much got my money back. Sold all the goodies i bought for it separate. Kept the H&S catback just in case! lol! A local(ish) lad bought the car. Didn't even haggle so think i could've got a bit more for it! Not fussed though, got enough to pay for the course i'm doing with work at the weekend

I like that "just in case"  ;)

But at least you are keeping busy thats the main thing. And I know when I used to work away I was more knackard from traveling then the work :)

Only thing I'd hate selling a car local is you still get to see it. And anything they do to it. Got what you wanted so main thing I guess. Just need to get this course done now and some more cash for a new one, need to make use of the cat back :D

You didnt say how old the car was - when I have come across a Tx and Rx situation like that in the past - ie nothing changed all good connections and the Tx is operating correctly you either have an issue with the specific Rx element of the unit or the processing element in the unit itself is duff.

What I dont know with this unit is if the Rx element and the processing unit are all combined. If they are not combined you may find a wire worn through...

But bringing the keypad into the equation not working as it should I would be looking at the unit itself... assuming of course the information about not changing the pin code is correct  B)  as I have never come across customers who have never touched it and it was all working fine before  :rolleyes:

Hopefully Gambits info contains the override code so you could start with the pad then progress as you normally would.

You may find a partially cut loom behind the dash??

it's a 1999 Classic. As I said he bought it from his uncle that had it from new & his uncle says he 100% hasn't changed it. I told him if they keypad isn't disabling the alarm then it will probably be a problem with the alarm unit itself or corresponding wiring

it's a 1999 Classic. As I said he bought it from his uncle that had it from new & his uncle says he 100% hasn't changed it. I told him if they keypad isn't disabling the alarm then it will probably be a problem with the alarm unit itself or corresponding wiring

I would agree with that diagnosis