Coilovers

Hi i have just polybushed and fitted coilovers to my sg forester 2.0 l xt but the springs are way to harsh for our roads they have sent me 7 kg and 9kg any sugestions as to what would be ideal and stop my fillings coming out?!

On 7/12/2024 at 12:50 PM, robin w said:

Hi i have just polybushed and fitted coilovers to my sg forester 2.0 l xt but the springs are way to harsh for our roads they have sent me 7 kg and 9kg any sugestions as to what would be ideal and stop my fillings coming out?!

You are not the only one. I've got the adjustable tein and running on almost the softest setting. It looks is not the dampers, is the springs. I've also had the rear 22 mm ARB and replaced back with the original 17 mm. ( the 22 mm is for sale) 

Looking for ideas too.

Had flex z on mine for a fair few years now and never found them to be a problem harshness wise, have to confess im not sure what spring rates are fitted to mine.

Flex Z too, but I found the problem. The ARB(22mm) on the softest setting (outside hole) had not enough travel room and was hitting one of the suspension components. Replace it with 17mm ARB (the original) and Bob's ur uncle. 

Hope it's helpful.