Pre-Collision Braking

Rexie

I Bought a new Outback at the begining of this year. Generally I like the vehicle except for a dislike of this 'Pre-Collision braking'. It completely spoils the driving experience. When I start up I select to disable this 'feature' but, say I'm travelling about 20 miles, I still get the flashing red light warning about 10 times during the trip. How ca I disable it completely? It just completely spoils the driving experience. HELP!!!!!

Rexie

I'm not sure you can alter the pre-collision braking warning distance and stop it sounding off.  It sounds as if there is a fault with the system in your car if it is falsely or over frequently triggered.  I occasionally have mine sound off if it thinks I'm heading into a tight corner too fast, but it never actually brakes.  The only other time it triggers is at my local supermarket carpark when I drive into a parking space with a bush in front of the car and that's at a low speed.

It is of course possible to alter the distance of the adaptive cruise control distance, but that's an entirely different issue, albeit also uses the same camera system.