Turbo Timer

Pommy

Not necessary I know but a bit of fun, and useful for warming up the car on a cold morning.

Only issue is I can't locate the ignition clip to fit the HKS harness I have, have checked all the clips on the steering column but to no avail.

Where exactly is it? And is the HKS harness the correct one? its an FT-3 I believe.

Thanks

Found this on scabby net.

undo either the plastic cowling from steering column or undo the dash panel below it to expose the steering column loom ,

if remember there is a blue square type plug going to the ignition

undo and plug hks loom inbetween and other plug into timer

tap the 1 wire into the handbrake earth going to the lever under cowling think its purple.

there may be an earth to be connected from timer thats it!

Also may help http://www.hks-power.co.jp/usa/faq/PID=1647.html

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Was having a quick look while doing my clock spring and couldn't find any guides pertaining to the same model year as mine. Aand didn't really fancy pulling out some connections.

Don't mean to hi jack the thread. Jow does this work with the alarm/immob ?

I'm lookong at getting one purely cos i now live in a block of appartments. Car is parked in a secure garage and in the morning i want to warm it for 5 10 mins and go have a brew, have an aftermarket alarm and just wonder what are the complications ?

From what I have read about alarms it depends on the alarm you have. My alarm doesn't arm for 30 secs after locking door so can leave it running for 30 secs and still have the alarm. I know some peoples alarms just don't work if the engine is running. What I'm trying to say is I believe it depends on the alarm. Although I'm sure if you went to see or called Richard Henry in Bradford they would know, good little place they have, lots of interesting car there and very knowledgeable and friendly.

• Like 1

J

My alarm doesn't work with my timer :(

As in it won't arm while running ? But if hand brake released the engine will cut and immobilser will kick in after 30 secs anyway ?

My old hornet alarm had a tt function but i didn't have a turbo :-D have a viper one installed and it says in manual there is a passive arm that can be programmed in after 30secs may just speak to the chap who installed my old one and see what he says

Is there much difference between the type 1 and type 2 hks timers ?

No I did a bodge job mine will drive but the steering lock comes on unless you have the key in. I should dig the destructions back out and sort it really. I just get excited and never go back to sort things out if it does what I want :D