cluster swap

LUIGI-3

I'm not sure how simple i is from the GX but the wires are in a ****** place to get to so fiddly to do but does just swap on the WRX I believe 

I think the STI one will have more wires with the rev limiter light 

• Like 1

just been digging around on web :) Connectors between 02-05 models are the same, no matter if they are gx, wrx or sti, As you say there are more wires from sti which will be left unplugged causing diff and dccd light to stay on (which im not bothered about). rev limiter light should work no probs. only Thing im after really is more modern look. same Cluster i had in my first car- Mazda 323f :( 

• Like 1

The GX's can look a little basic in areas but most of the pieces in Subarus can change within the year range and as we have seen with a little tinkering can be changed across different models even  ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Will do when it arrives. Thought it was going to be here today but no joy :(

I don't even know the mileage thats on the clocks. It was one of those impulse buys that women seem to get I blame the feminist in me ;)    

this is the cluster anyway, should be red when it lights up if I think but anyway my gauges can be made to light red when I turn the lights on and blue in the day so thats the plan :D 

5ub4.jpg

• Like 1

Bugeye and a blobeye both WRX 

I'm unsure what is going to happen for the 1st half of the year on a personal matter but I'm toying with getting the hawkeye at some point and would like the STI this time. But will find it hard to let the Bugeye go it's my baby and had it for that long and watched it grow into the old lady she is today  :wub:  spent that much on her. I keep hoping for a lotto win so I can retire her after another full engine rebuild to a show room type garage. I can dream  :lol:

• Like 1

Well I got a message off the guy. What a pain in the !Removed! he's turning out to be :( won it last Wednesday messaged him last night asking when I should be getting them, listing says 3 working days. Now turns out he works away not back until friday. So look's like another weeks wait :(  followed by a dispute if they not here :)

Yeah it was Fleebay well he should have been back yesterday I was tempted to message him asking if he had sent it today seeing as he could have posted it last weekend I don't hold much hope. :( But you never know.

Right came today :) got it fitted in but down side is they changed the voltage of how the ABS and handbrake works so are on permanently as it works the opposite way around. So if I have a problem they will turn off :( but got a guide to fix it, but will put up with it for now. 

And that is why I've never swapped the cluster over before :D

0sf9.jpg

Might change the bulbs too so it glows red.