New Scooby owner

mariocinq

Well i thought i would register on here since in two weeks i will be collecting my second scooby, my first was a Phase1 Impreza GL wagon around 5 year ago, it was just a 2.0ltr Non turbo but i gave it everything off a turbo bar the engine, insurance due to being young stopped me.

Now i am old enough and my premiums have come down i have decided to buy a fresh scooby, i have decided to be a little different and not go down the Impreza route again.

i will get some pics up once i have collected the car when its ready.

two weeks tomorrow, would be sooner but i go away a week today for a week so i will go collect it when i get home, needs the brakes sorting then its ready to go, barely been used over the last couple of years, it does have a few mods but one i think i need to to is get a TD05 turbo as i believe its had one and been set-up for it but then had it removed and then not re-mapped for smaller turbo so its running a tad on the rich side of life. going to take it and get it Dyno'd asap and find out how she is running and what i need to get it 100% right.

Sound's like a good one mate. And yep get the bigger turbo its the way forward ;) as long as the map fits anyway. Sounds like you have done your reading up on these car's too. So any mods planned before you buy it other then what you have put ?

I know you have some we was on about this the other day funny enough ;)

aside from finding a bigger turbo, it has all the mods i want for it, apart from a non turbo bonnet and wrx seats.

first port of call is to get it running 100% as its not at the moment but cant say more than that until i have collected it and had a dig around abit.

i have known the car for, like i say, about 4 years and the current owner has known its about 6 before that, it has all its old MOT's.

yeah i can do my own body work but like i say, think i will leave it abit tatty so when i wipe the smile off Mr M3 it stings that little more lol

• Like 1

i wish, that would be beyond cool, would love to drop an ej20 in one of them and keep it looking like a farm vechile lol, what i am getting is cool but not that cool lol.

do the letters BC mean anything to you's???

Right so cat is out the bag, what i am getting is a 1993 Legacy turbo 4x4, not many left and they are getting rare, now mods i know it has at the mo are Cat-back for that scooby grumble, FMIC its a large one put on to replace a knackered water cooled top mount and a piggy back ecu. that is it, oh and its not in its original colour, its now metalic deep red, oh and its on Impreza 16's.

my Plans are to get it checked over buy a tuning company and get it Dyno'd to see what its producing as its got to be up on stock, but its not running 100%, its very rich atm and i fear its down to its had an 05 at somepoint and some-one has either blown it or removed it and replaced it with an 04 and its still mapped for the higher boost levels. time will tell but its going on a dyno on the 2nd June if not sooner.

Pics to follow once i have collected her.

Sound good mate. And as we knew to this point sounds like it does need some work, well problem solving doing 1st then the work, but like you said could be just the map needs sorting out. I would say rare I never seen any around where I live a few Legacy estates  and foresters, rest made up of a few Subaru Imprezas

And look forward to seeing the pictures now just to see the colour :D

well that "howmanyleft" site says there are 78 of the Legacy turbo 4x4's left ut i have never seen another and i have been looking for one for the last 4 years lol. might go up to see it today and do some bits on it and if i do i will grab some piccies.