is this subaru worth buying at 2700

Rathbone

my friend is after another subaru impreza he gave his impreza to his mother as a xmas gift because he was getting a new car but he prefers subaru and trying to get another but doesnt know if this is worth 2700  the price includes part ex for his car he has

Modified Scooby classic UK car with closed deck engine apexi pro ecu with comander set up by Andy forest.Electronic boost controller fully Fe cat with blitz style exhaust VF43 turbo,uprated brakes and suspension all around,rear high spoiler,front mount intercooler, welbro fuel pump with 440 injectors refurbed 17"wheels double skinned arches done recently alloy bonnet with scoops recaro style front seats this car has much more and depending on boost setting is pulling 300-400 bhp so not usual rubbish and not for faint hearted complete with loads ov tricks including launch control looking

thank you for looking

post-1893-0-79454000-1390140517_thumb.jp

post-1893-0-75848800-1390140529_thumb.jp

post-1893-0-43929600-1390140535_thumb.jp

post-1893-0-92493100-1390140540_thumb.jp

post-1893-0-73425200-1390140547_thumb.jp

Yeah normally found in earlier cars , most people say they have one but Infact don't

The more I look at the pictures , I know it's not my car but what I would need to do to it to get it right for me I would offer about 1700

Has it got all the paperwork with it to back what he says would be my next question. If it does I still think it's a bit overpriced but might be worth the punt 

What milage has it got on both cars 

and when was the clutch and cambelt done on the Imp if you know ? 

But from what I have read on here I'd maybe take a risk and £500 his way. With the risk it has what he says. But I know loads of people that have bought cars in the past and been told it has all the bells and whistles to find out it's bog standard. But can't blame the buyer if they don't know what to look for :(  But I'd rather buy one with less mods and paper work and do it up slowly myself.  

Just because something is rare doesnt necessarily make it a good thing - but on the other hand sourcing an Apexi pro ecu is no great task.

As Gambit said if he has all the paperwork to demonstrate work done that will derisk the sale somewhat but having a quick look around the web today there are many examples out there to choose from so make sure your friend is completely happy with his purchase for him to pay top dollar 

Evening all.i agree with ash,car looks ok. But for what he's asking it needs to be spanking inside and out with not a single stone chip in site, with a folder full of paper work including a dyno reading.also, like jay says finding that ecu is no great feat.

thanks everyone ive given my friend link to this thread so he can see what everyone says so he can ask the right questions 

No problem mate happy to help if we can 

I just see you are in Doncaster not a million miles away from me or Ash :D 

my friend not going for it because he been told the boot leaks and it caused rust also abs needs doing so who knows what else is wrong with it 

ye im in wheatley but i dont drive a subaru not got a licence yet still learning to drive but my friend lives in rosso who might be driving a subaru again shortly if he can swap his or sell his depends how things go 

Sounds like a good move to me mate. It's worth holding out for the right one. 

And no worries mate hopefully your mate can get back behind the wheel of a subaru soon and get you to Ashes meets at Sheffield Subaru Services. if you fancy it all a good bunch. I'd make a post for him or get him to post it might come better from him in the Wanted section and post a trade with cash or straight swap for a Subaru and see what comes about you never know :D 

Just tell him he might need to travel I did for both of my cars :(