F1 Ferrari-F14T 2014 Car

Gambit

9wce.jpg

Ferrari is to Formula One is like what Ant is to Dec or fish is to chips, you can't have one without the other.  Being the only team to have competed in every World Championship since the Formula's inception the team remain the most recognisable brand on the grid, therefore the Ferrari car launch is always a defining moment for the season ahead.  For the first time the team allowed the fans to chose the cars designation via an online vote with F166 turbo being pipped at the post by F14T which as many have noted strongly resembles another of the manufacturers companies: FIAT.

5ptd.jpg

Ferrari have been preparing for the challenges faced by the 2014 regulations for quite some time and with good cause, as they not only have to produce their own car but design and then resell a powerunit (Supplying Sauber and Marussia).  Whilst previous seasons have seen success for the scarlet team their ultimate goal of being crowned World Champion has eluded them since 2007.  Kimi Räikkönen returns to the Scuderia after a 4 year absence in a partnership that allies him with double World Champion of 2005/2006 Fernando Alonso.  Their partnership promises to be an interesting alliance with both drivers striving to increase their World title tally but also return Ferrari to the top too.

y7fn.jpg

Ferrari have also been busy in their assault on reclaiming the top spot, refurbishing their on site Wind Tunnel facilities at Maranello following correlation issues when using Toyota's facilities in Cologne.  This along with streamlining their approach and processes has been backed up with the hiring of personnel along with the marquee signing of James Allison from Lotus last season.  James worked at Maranello during the glory days in the early 2000's and so knows only too well the pressure involved with working at Ferrari.

9z6s.jpg

ii8a.jpghu1x.jpg

That nose section is truely ugly!  :ph34r:

In fact, all the new cars I have seen so far for 2014 are pretty much the same in the ugly stakes.

Looking forward to the season though. It should be very interesting rather than predictable. :)

You,re right, its just the noses that look wrong. The Mclaren looks like an anteater and the Lotus is really odd with two protrusions.

The rest of the car is ok except the rear wing which looks like something is missing. I know thats to do with the new regs and its something we will get used to.

Id not seen the overhead Lotus shot before. Is it an optical illusion or is one bit longer than the other?

I did wonder that myself. I'm not sure I would have said it's just the way it looks but not sure.

I concur those nose cones are fugly - not sure if Ill be watching yet - jury is still out...

I know I will watch it I always do if I have nothing to do :)

That Ferrari reminds me of:

char_18250.jpg

Hehe, sorry, I had to!  :lol:

I know the sport's got to evolve for technology drives and also safety (funnily enough a friend and myself had a long convo about it on the way to toughguy yesterday), but it didn't do anything to stop the last few generations of F1 cars looking and sounding a bit anaemic :(

I love this Ferrari though:

Formula1.Monaco.1994.jpg

And a Lotus from a little further back in time:

Lotus_77_Sears_Point.jpg

I know we won't see the likes of these sorts of cars again but it's cool that we can look back on them :)

• Like 1