New Outback owner.

Westward bound

Hello all. I picked up an Outback SX Lineartronic from Simpsons, Swindon yesterday. Delighted with it so far; did about 80 miles today on country roads in heavy rain and through lots of surface water and already feel more comfortable and confident in it than my last car. Looking forward to finding more out about it in the next few weeks from other owners, and from the (huge) owners manual.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Going through the same thing with mine as this is my first Subaru. Love the outback we've got and it does feel planted.

Interested to see how it copes with a bit of mud though lol

Cheers

Alan

Going through the same thing with mine as this is my first Subaru. Love the outback we've got and it does feel planted.

Cheers

Alan

Really depends on your tyres. The cars are very good in snow or mud but you do need some decent grip as well.

On decent winter tyres they will virtually climb walls!

Cheers

Alan

Can you post a pic of yours and the specs?

Welcome to the Subaru experience......there is no substitute!

• Like 1

I have an XV which is the Ourback's baby brother, they fit Yokohama Geolandars and they're pretty good in mud, gravel and snow. They're called an all season tyre but it's basically what used to be a town and country tyre. You should be ok on a bit if mud, not necessarily bog snorkelling though

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I have an XV which is the Ourback's baby brother, they fit Yokohama Geolandars and they're pretty good in mud, gravel and snow. They're called an all season tyre but it's basically what used to be a town and country tyre. You should be ok on a bit if mud, not necessarily bog snorkelling though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, spot on