newbie to scoobie

kathenson82

Hi guys totally new to subarus and car clubs but tried my partners impreza and immediately wanted one haha. Mine I have to say is better than his hehe. I am however looking for some new bits for it if anyone can point me in the right direction of cheap parts :)

Hi welcome to S.O.C 

and nothing much to join a club but certainly think you have joined the best and most friendly club here :D

And if we can help locate any parts or know of any I'm  sure we will be happy to help :D 

And please feel free to post any pictures of the two car's we do like seeing pictures on here :)

• Like 1

Thanks, just looking to replace some interior bits ie steering wheel, gaiter and maybe the seats just to smarten it up a bit oh and an sti rear spoiler ;) Dont mind second hand stuff as long as its in better nick than mine lol

oh and an sti rear spoiler ;)

Oh I like  you all ready a woman after my own petrol filled heart ;)

And the car looks spot on great little find by the look's of it :) I think it will be 2nd hand parts for the bit's you have mentioned I will keep an eye out for parts. I'd clear your watch list on eBay too. I was informed it only allows 200 at anyone time :D

Welcome on board :) i am sure Gambit wanted to say pics are mandatory :) we are all looking forward to see them :)

Only if its of full nudity :D And looking at the car I think I just did an excited wee ;) 

• Like 1

Mate of mines just had his silver lassie painted a slightly darker shade of silver, I forget what car the colour was from but it looks good, oh and welcome aboard too

Sent from my Nexus 7

• Like 1

kathernson82, I was on the verge of throwing a tantrum at a breaker I recently ordered parts from, but was being pretty impatient, as they knew of something more suitable (colour matched) coming in. Damn my feckin' hormones, TF my BF was talking to them. I should know better after 20+ years of scavenging around breakers yards, often in the rougher parts of Glasgow, quote "it's a c*** tae get it oot, and it'll be an even bigger c*** tae fit it in" was the usual advice!

The breakers I used recently were in Fleetwood, Cumbria, and break Scoobies on a regular basis. They do up their own vehicles too.

I got a boot lid for £40, rear bumper for £100. Most damage is to the outside of the vehicle so if you are looking for inner bits they probably have a whole bunch of nice inner stuff intact. Fairly new to the forum myself, so don't want to upset the mods posting unauthorized URLs.

You sound like you want to make a nice job of your car - mine has a six-CD changer fitted between the rear passenger seat and boot, something you might be interested in. Makes the original frontage less appealing for theft.

fleetwoods pretty much on my doorstep, ive been to that particular one a few times with a mate of mine and it proved to be most useful for hard to find bits, theres always the option to stop by here for a brew too if the mood takes you

• Like 2

Thanks for all that info, unfortunately i am based on the south coast so would be a bit of a trek up there lol. Ive been ebaying it up so have most things already now haha altho still looking for an sti spoiler if anyone knows of one going cheaper than £115 and maybe some replacement seats if mine dont clean up at the weekend. Have just finally got round to cleaning the outside today thanks to rain finally giving us a break and have found my rear passenger light has a hole in it, so need a new one of those too :/

• Like 1