New owner from east yorkshire

hilli182

Hi all, just bought my first Impreza after wanting one for years, the insurance is finally cheap enough  :)

I've always been keen on Japanese cars having a civic ek, civic em2, nissan 100nx and a mk1 mx5 but was never able to afford insurance untill now on an Impreza

I live in Cottingham East Yorkshire, but I'm from Rotherham and still have friends and family there so will be round the area quite often

post-1942-0-66209300-1391073047_thumb.jp

Im sure i will have plenty of questions at some point

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

Please feel free to have a look around the forums and join in lot's of people on here from your area. We also have a Meet going on in Sheffield if you are interested 3rd of Feb :)  

so I'm not wanting to spend fortunes on the car because its pretty damn good as it is but what subtle mods to people recommend doing first.

It current has, Magnex back box, HKS dump valve and Exedy uprated clutch.

also if anybody could tell me waht this is (fitted by previous owner) it would be much appreciated (sorry in advance if its a stupid question)

20140128_165434.jpg

20140128_165427.jpg

i think it's most likely that then, it should lead to a sandwich plate between the filter and the engine, this is definitely a pressure sender for the gauge if it does

the fault could be the little gold coloured sender in the pic or maybe just the connections to it, might be worth taking the wires off and giving them a clean

Ive already ordered the air filter 

Ive been reading very mixed reviews regarding intercoolers. Some saying FMIC and others Saying go with bigger / up rated TMIC.......

Is the Sti cooler a straight swap or are any mods needed to make it fit

It depends how much power you want to generate and to get the gains from installing a FMIC you would be looking at a bigger turbo to move the extra air.

Stick with an uprated TMIC at this point and if you decide to go the FMIC route you could resell the TMIC you have purchased without any loss (Unless you buy brand new)

One of the classic owners would have to answer that I'm afraid - it has been answered before on the forum but I cannot recall which thread it was in - I believe they do just bolt on particularly if you get the mounting brackets as well from the STI if not you may need to knock up / modify the existing brackets. Ill be happy if one of our classics members verifies that statement though :P

Hey, 

I live in Cottingham!! where about's are you? I never see many scoobies around here. I used to have a turbo 2000 if you need any help with it. And yeah that's definitely a oil pressure sender, wants hiding out of the way though.

• Like 1

I did Yeh. Our house backs onto your parents. I've not been here long got married to rach think you may know her?

There's one at total fitness car park tonight. Used to be at St Stevens but got moved. Only been once before but was a good turn out. It's organised by modified genius off facebook

yeah I realise who you are now, used to have a red honda? think we've spoke before when I had my bike out one day. I didn't know about those meets, I recognise all the cars in the photos though, they all live near our lass. You going to the subaru meet tonight?

It's worth going even just to meet Martin for advice top guy really is. and get to me few of the other lads on here too :) I won't be going tonight myself :( but will pop over when the weathers a bit warmer see if I can drag RB with me from Lincoln :D