hello again peeps

19marc73

hey up again sorry not been on much but been doin gearbox , finally got it done and alls good went ahead and replaced all bearings and seals been a ball ache but now back on the road and so far so good so got a bit more spare time now lol . well till the next job needs doin which i think is tusday lol 

• Like 1

thnx must admit i wont be making a habbit but all said and done it saved me a shed load of money by not having to send it away but gained alot of expirience and wont go into panic mode if i have to do another lol

• Like 1

thing is i like a challenge my missus wants a vw beettle old style and my and my stupid ideas thought well a beetle is a flat four engine lol so is a scoobie and i am now got pen and paper out trying to work out if i can put a scoobie engine in a beetle lmao

I've not done one but I have read about a few conversions. Apparently, you can get an adapter plate that mates the subaru engine directly to the VW gearbox. Most of the ones I've heard about are non turbo engines, although I'm sure a turbo version has been done.

Glad you got the box sorted (braver man than me lol)

I helped a mate of mine break his jun 2.1 stroker classic last year :'(

His 550 hp engine went in this

EAC70F40-orig_zps24a8d7c5.jpg

it had a 450 hp newage sti engine in but , he said it didn't "wheelie " enough. I bet it does now lol

Anyways as tlag said they fit in a camper but ,im unsure what box to use for power and have no idea how you get around the cooling system differences

• Like 1

It can be done to a classic as can the turbo engine, seen a few with it done now and the non turbo 2.2 engine has been a favourite but they are getting a bit thin on the ground now so people are using the 2.0 instead, as said an adapter plate is use for he box, if you check out the volkszone forum or vzi as it's also known they have threads dedicated to it

looking at all different sites at the mo looking to see what boxes will fit and weather o not to put a turbo in or not as my better half will be using it for work and she dose house calls as a district nurse lol will be the quickest nurse in swindon lol but fuel comp my be an issue , she dose get a fuel allowance but we want to benefit from it her car now dose 23p a mile and she get 67p a mile so the extra gose towards upkeep of car .

Safe to say you would be using nearly all that 67p a mile up with a turbo :) 

And I wouldn't trust anyone who says I will keep off the happy pedal, once you try it's too addictive. Be like Philip Seymour Hoffman left in a room with a bag of brown.... <<< Too soon  :huh:

yup a turbo would eat into that allowance in no short order - strip all the excess weight out and uprate the brakes get you extra mpg and improve the stopping power

you could weigh her bag and position it in the car for optimum weight distribution also ;)