intercooler cover

stants

I was fed up with things attacking my fins, be it man or beast i wanted to keep it intact as when i bought her the cooler was virtually unmarked/damaged. An hour of teasing the fins back upright again and 30seconds to fit :-)

After uming and ahhing i plumped from this from a rally-tech.com including shipping it was half the price of the ones i found in the uk ?

20140206_072104_zpsp5ennii9.jpg

Anyway after a slight hiccup with customs on their side was posted monday arrived yesterday.

Communication form tim was spot on and i'd recomend them and will prob buy some more bits in the future

• Like 1

Will do i've taken a pic of the cooler before fitting and will leave it a couple of weeks lift off and see if theres any difference.

The mesh is quite sturdy without being saggy so hopefully if any !Removed! does get ingested through the scoop should just sit on top and not pass through. Found a couple of twigs that had worked there way down into the core and had done some damage yesterday too :-(

And if any numptie trys to stick a lance down the hole again i'm hoping it will soften the blow so to speak.

Cheers, check out the site they do any colour lettering combo you want at no cost :-) was gonna ask for the soc logo but just thought i'd plump for what i got.

How much you pay for tool ?

Found some little dentistry tools in my local pound emporium that with a pair odf tweezers dis the trick. Just wish i could have been bothered removing it as my back was killing after !.

Slightly off topic, matt did you say you ran a de cat with no remap for a wile with no problems ?

Can't find my op

Matt, as in decat downpipe sorry if stupid sounding question.no boost spiking ?

I'm trying to find out if running a sports cat system will work without a remap.

Things have gone a bit !Removed! up so my plans have changed so can only afford to get exhaust then wait for map. Seems to be lots of conflicting info about if safe enough or not. There should stil be enough pressure in between the turbo and cat to prevent spiking surely ?

The turbo doesnt need back pressure its only NA cars that have issues with exhaust lengths and pulse matching etc

putting the sport cat on will allow more free flowing route for the gasses but wont upset the mixture, so running it without a map in conjunction shouldn't be an issue - it differs with air filters as they increase the flow into the engine and as such will effect your mixture and it could run lean

The turbo will spool up in conjunction with your engine out put as it would normally

IMO its the right order to do it in - did it that way on my 200sx years ago and had no problems at all

Unclip the sensor from the wiring harness Battery disconnected before hand and push the resistor onto each pin of the harness and tape it up good to keep it waterproof. It should trick the ECU to thinking the sensor is fine and not give the ecu light :)

mine was all bent to buggery when i got it and i noticed i was using it to rest tools on when i messed under the bonnet, i knew straightening them would be time consuming so i removed the cooler and came indoors, with an old bed sheet on my knee and a small but long screwdriver i made all the fins straight(ish) again, then refitted