What fuel do you put in?

tom_gr7

Well I can only use Total or Tesco as S-Hell's nearest garage to me near a 50 mile round trip :( 

And seeing as I spend most my time at Tesco it wins most of the time unless I know I'm passing Total then I use there good stuff

Diesel virus (look it up on Internet) only affects diesels. This is what I was talking about earlier. Not saying you can only get dodgy diesel as I know you can get other problems but the diesel virus only affects diesels and only really from supermarkets.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I think that is a bit of a knee jerk reaction, they use a proportion of bio diesel yes this does increase the chance, but it will only be a matter of time before the major ones follow suit. 

I'm curious to know if there is any additives in the "super" diesel that will combat this.

Shell, esso, BP total, all the proper fuel companies do buy their fuel with the additives so they all fine even the city diesel. Supermarkets however undercut them by not buying those additives, it's the same diesel they use just without the additives and that's why their diesel is cheaper

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

what fuel were you using before?

I've found I get better MPG from Tesco 99 than nitro, I did a thread on scabbynet

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/980241-mpg-test-nitro-vs-momentum.html

one reply is a classic, MPG was worse coming home because.......wait for it.........I was going up hill back to Yorkshire :lol: WTF

I looked into the sea level too, at home I'm 50M above sea level, where we stayed in Newquay is 70M above, so, in theory, I drove up hill going there :P

but 20M difference over 300 miles is nothing, it's not like I can freewheel all the way

60 MPG :wub:

what fuel were you using before?

I've found I get better MPG from Tesco 99 than nitro, I did a thread on scabbynet

http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/980241-mpg-test-nitro-vs-momentum.html

one reply is a classic, MPG was worse coming home because.......wait for it.........I was going up hill back to Yorkshire :lol: WTF

I've only just bought the car, so i have no idea what fuel the previous owner put it.

I looked into the sea level too, at home I'm 50M above sea level, where we stayed in Newquay is 70M above, so, in theory, I drove up hill going there :P

but 20M difference over 300 miles is nothing, it's not like I can freewheel all the way

60 MPG :wub:

That's funny, you're as geeky as me going off to check the facts. 20m is still uphill

• 2 weeks later...