Smashed Outback Sunroof Help

douggiedownunder

With thanks to the 100 mile an hour winds last night, managed to get a roof tile smash the rear sunroof section of my 2009 Subaru Outback. Main dealer want £1000 for a replacement and that doesn't include fitting. I've found a few Outbacks breaking on eBay and I've got a local who can fit it but not sure which models share the split sunroof as the 2009 Outback. Can anyone help? For example does the Liberty share the same sunroof model and how far back can I go to get the same model sunroof. Advice greatly appreciated.

Wotcha and welcome - not great news sorry to hear that.

this is a US site but could give some idea of shared body parts with older cars, not sure if this is the right piece of glass etc as I'm not familiar with the model but if it is it would be worth importing as its either $244 or $270

http://www.buysubarupartsnow.com/parts-catalog/subaru/outback/2009/2-5i/2-5l-h4-gas/body-hardware/glass

for instance if you pull up the 2007 outback you can have the same part number for the glass but it looks like they didn't offer a privacy glass option for that year, again I dont know what specifically you have - tints or not, so cannot advise further

• Like 1