Wanted impreza wrx or turbo 2000

LANCENEOMAN

Hi all,

this may seem strange.

But im desperate to get a impreza wrx preferably bugeye (cheap insurance)

or turbo 2000

I have been looking for weeks, however they all seem to be rust buckets or completley thrashed.

Ive seen decent 2001 WRX's go for around £1900 but keep missing them or theyre too far away.

Does anyone have anything my budget is around £2000

Must been in good condition with service history. No faults.

Desperate to get one before weekend. :)

Wotcha and welcome - a member on here (Bazza) was selling his up until this morning which would have met your criteria.

Unfortunately you may have to travel for the right car, many members on here have done and it tends to be worth it in the long run.

Keep an eye on our Subarus for sale section but I dont know if anything will pop up before the weekend - fingers crossed

Hi mate as Jay said myself included had to travel for both cars. But I'm happy I did, and in my area Subarus a rare to see never mind buy. But would have thought you might get lucky with being more central than me :)

But hope you find one soon or one gets posted that fit's your bill :)

That car looks good shame about the dealer they even have a nice website with some high end spec cars :( 

But I found with people like that they don't care for the cheaper car's. As I found out when I went to Bradford to look at a hawkeye

sales people didn't give me the time of day when I told them what I was there to look at, and was parked around the back with the reject cars with Lambos Ferraris all the 80k+ cars at the front. Car was nice and I think I would have bought it if they hadn't been so damn snobbish I felt happier walking away then buy it :( 

i took a look at the reviews and spoke to him and he sounded like an !Removed!. 

Seem to be really hard to find without rust the mk1s. Ive found one, with slightly rusty arches FSH for £1600. looks okay. got about £400 to spend on it then but not sure what to do

Car looks nice however the details in the ad conflict - described as a 2.0l but with a turbo back exhaust??? I would want confirmation of exactly what I was going to view

over priced I thought - I would be looking at offering £1200 - 1400 max once I had viewed it and seen all was ok but for £1400 I would expect it to be very tidy

Ask when belt was changed

Any overheating issues / had a replacement rad

Ideally you need to hear it from cold , just like a knock under a slight load followed by a little rattle

Arch work is usual , depends how bad it is

What mileage is it on ?

A little TLC and it should be fine 130,000 miles listed - dependant on service history you may turn up some faults if there has been gaps in it, put some money aside for bushes if they havent been changed - Has the clutch ever been done and turbo refurbed - if not budget for that as well 

Looks good I'd maybe keep the rear lights I don't mind them but would want tinted windows :D I love tinted windows, have to get the rust sorted out but not the end of the world and would say be hard pushed to find many now that don't have it around that age on the rear arches. 

Bit more than I would have wanted to pay but I'm pretty bad with prices always want things cheap :D 

But would want to see the car with 130k miles 

and see paperwork for clutch and other work 

the wagon does look a better condition car - less miles more detail in what has been done may be more of a confidence building buy, I would be interested to see what receipts are with it as it sounds like the type of person to keep them

I agree I like the wagon just depends if you want the wagon or a saloon. But think for the money looks spot on. 

I will have a browse round later too when I get chance will try keep it as local to you as possible :D 

If it didnt have to happen before the weekend I'm not too far from you so we could sort something out if you covered some diesel so you could look a bit further afield - Chigwell is only a couple of hours away if you travel at the right time. Get the right car for yourself as if it is your first one you don't want a rubbish experience

• Like 1