What have you done to your Subaru today ?

stants

Just drove mine to the coop and back, I know such a rebel.

Anyway sheet I've all over our road, focus in front was all over the place around the bends, I tried to have some fun but the car just gripped, didn't even give me the satisfaction of the traction control light flashing. Subarus can be so boring sometimes.

Obviously when I'm pushing through 2ft of snow and everyone else is stuck or in the hedge I'll retract that statement

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Filled up with vpower again today. Noticed that on my way home I averaged 37.8mpg with the new tyres on. Previously, I was looking at 33-35mpg with the old tyres. Not bad eh. Will have to see how it goes over the next few days, but a few extra mpg would be nice lol.

Found 2 tiny spots of rust in the n/s rear arch under the rubber protector trim [emoji35] not enough to warrant cutting it out yet....

So covered it in a bit of underseal so hopefully the waxoil in it will drive the moisture out until the weather is good enough to set about getting it and treating & sealing properly.

Really !Removed! me off that my garage space is no more

Also ordered some whiteline rear droplinks

Best thing you can do is use something called Hammerite Kurust, it chemically converts rust back to a form of metal, you can then paint and treat and it won't rust further. More effective than covering. Would be worth trying it out I've used it on old cars and it's been very effective. Even used it on the bottom of my radiators where they were leaking slightly, no more rust and no more leaks. It's about a fiver from Halfords.

I've got some bilt & hamber stuff I used on the mazda before, took all rust off and only had to wash off in morning, some zinc primer lying round somewhere too, just not really the weather to be starting. The rubber trim needs cleaning out properly too so while it's wet no point [emoji25]

Best thing you can do is use something called Hammerite Kurust, it chemically converts rust back to a form of metal, you can then paint and treat and it won't rust further. More effective than covering. Would be worth trying it out I've used it on old cars and it's been very effective. Even used it on the bottom of my radiators where they were leaking slightly, no more rust and no more leaks. It's about a fiver from Halfords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take a gallon if it will make my rusty sill go away.

drove 30 miles to look at an outback, by the time i got there it was dark, !Removed! down, the dealer had an unlit carpark and the Battery on the outback was flat. :angry:

Anyone ever insured a car that was off the road for repairs. Seen a forester for £1500 so was thinking I may buy it while I get the Legacy sorted out so want to insure it against theft while its on the drive. Maybe even let the wife use it (once the legacy's fixed of course)

Just had my insurance renewal through from Admiral, when the car was new they quoted me £299 which was fair for the value and mileage I do, today having made no fault claims, my car having devalued and nothing's changed they increased my annual premium by £155, that's over 50% increase on last year. How do they justify this. They managed to knock off about £60 as I complained. I've got insurance which is about £12 more than last year now which seems ok with inflation etc. insurance companies are just criminals. Sick to death of changing my insurers every single year. Rant over, going online to shoot and blow up some kids that shouldn't be playing GTA anyway. Aaaarrgghh!!

• Like 2

I need to re do my clock worked for about 12 months after I last did it then gave up again.

Rear droplinks turned up today they'll be going on tomorrow

I put a big bob of solder on my joints lol. what drop links did you get Adam

Yeah I did that on all the points that looked rubbish,they must have shaken themselves loose again. My iron's crap though so I may buy a new one before attacking it again.

Bought the silver whiteline ones w23480 50 quid from scooby parts. Was impressed by the uprated fronts thought I'd do the rears too. On the hunt for a thicker bar now