Advice needed please. 2005 (54) 2.0 Xt

Mtb154

Im thinking of spending some cash on the fozzy and have a few ideas, can you offer any advice pls, 1st choice is to lower the car, bigger alloys ect but what subaru alloys fit and what suspension will fit??

Option 2 is the chunky offroad look, what chunky offroad tyres are available? Can you get chrome side bars for the fozzy?? Help pls as im not sure what route to take.

Pedders do a lowering kit new shocks and springs, need to re use top mounts.

Bc do a set of coil overs with mounts included bit more pricy though. As for wheels how big do you want to go ?

Running boards/steps are available as a factory fit option so i guess someone must do aftermarket ones ?

Not sure about 18"s 17in would be ok although i'm not sure what tyres would be available as every time i search it always brings the re-inforced option up.

18" may kill the ride comfort, what do you have on at the mo 15" or 16"

I would go more off-road look as by far the more useful & will retain value better when/if ever sell it.

1 or 2" lift  & a set of decent wheels/tyres. Front alloy sump plate with bumper lip guard would be good & the acrylic smoke black bonnet edge trim. Some chrome or alloy sill guards & a similar short tubular rear bumper edge bar mounted into the tow frame would look good & be practical ...

I would go more off-road look as by far the more useful & will retain value better when/if ever sell it.

1 or 2" lift  & a set of decent wheels/tyres. Front alloy sump plate with bumper lip guard would be good & the acrylic smoke black bonnet edge trim. Some chrome or alloy sill guards & a similar short tubular rear bumper edge bar mounted into the tow frame would look good & be practical ...

That all sounds good :)

Getting the bits is the hard part, Sill steps or rock guards should be available if hunt around online. Rear bumper bar is an idea I had from the rear hitch mount universal ones you can get but I will have a go at making one so runs along lower edge of rear bumper for bit of protection. A lift can be done with springs or top hat spacer blocks, personally I would use 1" spacer blocks & then gain a little more with some slightly bigger tyres.

Some skid plates are available but at high cost & probable international shipping so you could get a local shop make one up cheaper. Want get round to doing this myself as not a fan of the plastic nappy subaru use & 2nd gen onwards are particularly nasty plastic clippy mess so making an alloy one that retains the arch parts as plastic & lips the front bottom edge of bumper will look good, add worthwhile protection & get rid of a tatty sloppy subaru nappy :-)