impreza coolant and water questions

LANCENEOMAN

Did they do them all including cam belts does it say or just the Steering and aircon belts. I've seen cars people have bought private saying it's been done to find all they did was swap the two front belts over when we looked through the paperwork, and looked behind the covers they was worn. Not trying to scare you or anything just worth double checking with it being a new car and once scare proteninally over :D might as well do it all and get it out the way I can see you are  wanting to do your best for the car too :)

But it shouldn't have been frayed that would worry me a little on how well they was all fitted if its been done. 

Oh ok I'd say it will have most people wont go to the lengths of a forged receipt from a garage that I have ever seen :D . I'd say it might just be the air con but could be a number of things pulleys or pump. without really looking into it hard to say. but if you can only hear it with the bonnet lid open I wouldn't worry about that :D

Haha might be the start of the clutch slipping :) 

But I'm not worrying you with anymore. It might be you're just getting used to the AWD too :) 

Has anyone else felt that if you accelerate hard as you pres

The clutch and lose of accelerator the revs seem

To stay there for a bit

Too long?

Yes I adjusted my driving style so i let off the throttle (short delay) then press the clutch in. Still smooth changes and still catches me out every now and again. Think it must be something to do with cable throttle as I haven't had one since I was 18 all been !Removed! drivebywire since then

Yes that what I'm on about.

I found the previous owners number On a service document.

He's a extremely rich bloke who has spent thousands on it.

He said the water level has always sat that way. Apparantly it's had a cooler radiator which makes the engine colder than most, and he's had a better suspension put on it.

So I feel a bit more happier now I spoke to him and I was on the phone to him for an hour so maybe it's the way it is maybe there was an airlock or something

Right the belt's you are on about is for the power steering and the Aircon mate, so even if it's not on the belt still spins the aircon

Cambelt is behind both of those with a black cover/case around it. I was was having bad visions then :) 

It sounds to me that you thought the expansion tank had to be full so you filled it, only to find it was down again the following day, so you filled it again.?

If so, it should only be about 2 thirds full and it will expell the rest so that's normal.

The belts that look frayed are either the air con or power steering belt, not the timing belt.

The squeal you hear is probably the frayed belt rubbing on something or a pully squeal.

I don't think you have anything to worry about

• Like 1

No problem mate it's fine to have concerns I don't mind trying to help people that are doing there best with little to no knowledge when I can, when I can see you are doing your best to make sure you are doing your best :)

And Big thank you to Tlag again always there to give advice. Appreciated far more knowledgable than me.  

• Like 1

The cars also a a head head gasket fitted . Guess that means rocket cover gasket?

No they are different - the head gasket goes between the head and the engine block, normally metal, the rocker cover gasket is normally a piece of rubber that goes between the head and the rocker cover

I would hazard a guess at the head gasket being the gasket between the head and engine block, although not sure. Might be worth a quick call to the garage that did it and seeing if they remember.

That is a bit doubtful then unless they keep all work on a database of some sort. Call the previous owner maybe? Having said what I said before I would expect a metal gasket to last more than 40,000 miles. But as said above everything seems normal with the car so wouldn't worry about it too much.