Classic Gearbox in New Age

I'm unsure which setting the dccd box would run without the controller set up you'll have to google that ,and both box codes to see if the ratios are the same (otherwise you'll need the classic diff as well) .

Physically it will fit but pending on the year of your blob would need to switch a few other bit's around ,

Imo id either save for a 6 speed box or buy a later blob 5 speed as they'd both probably be stronger and therefore cheaper in the long run

• Like 2

I'm unsure which setting the dccd box would run without the controller set up you'll have to google that ,and both box codes to see if the ratios are the same (otherwise you'll need the classic diff as well) .

Physically it will fit but pending on the year of your blob would need to switch a few other bit's around ,

Imo id either save for a 6 speed box or buy a later blob 5 speed as they'd both probably be stronger and therefore cheaper in the long run

Thanks for the heads up on that glad i didn't jump in i might just save up and go for a PPG straight cut set can't deal with these gearbox's made of cheese on the impreza i have already replaced it twice and the same keeps happening it's down to me driving like a fool but there we go lol my own fault i guess :D

No problem mate ;-)

a ppg box will whine more than my mrs did when I blew my 5 speed and told her I need £1500 for a 6speed :-D (there proppa noisy)

6 speeds are good for 600 hp + and a lot more commuter friendly.

Drop the oil outta your whiney 5 speed and replace it with some "devils blood" ,

Redline shock proof oil should prolong it's life a bit till you can afford to replace it

• Like 1

When the bearings or diffs are worn you get a whining or droning sound during acceleration / deceleration .

usually caused by a lack of oil changes or pushing to much power through them/ abuse

Mine is definitely through abuse dialling in LC and having fun (offroad only you understand) :D I have already tried Redline shock proof to no avail :(

I don't mind the whine it's more the crunch from 3rd to 4th and back down from 5th to 4th......

Not long till it's going to give in I kind of want to wait for my engine build to be finished and just kill it up at my mates farm just for laughs ;)

the 752 is only good for about 330 bhp, but the 754 will cope with 370ish bhp, if you launch it often without biting point, it won't last long though

don't think the 6 speed will cope with 600bhp????? and they're not commuter friendly, a 5 speed is better, and has a longer top gear too

• Like 1

I've got a 6speed out of 04 uk sti ppp in my 97 uk turbo classic .the 3.54 uk ratio is the same in both boxes and at 70mph I do 400 rpm less in 6 th than I did in 5 th in the old 5 speed .

However I did mean that either blob 5 speed or 6speed would be commuter friendly compared to a straight cut ppg .

as my mate had to wear ear defenders in his ppg'd classic but , the the anti lag and screamer pipe probably didn't help lol .

I know a mates 550 hp type r running a 6speed with no problems and I think duncan @ racedynamics runs 650 + through his 6 speed time attack car .

I am not to sure whether uk long ratio boxes are as strong as their jdm short ratio counterparts though .

• Like 2