how much to get a clutch fitted to an impreza wrx bug eye

LANCENEOMAN

Hi all,

so, i think my clutch is starting to wear thin, it just bites right at the top.

So, ive found an exedy clutch for £145.00

Does anyone know roughly how much they cost to fit and anywhere in the midlands.

many thanks

and to get it done try MD developments - member on here based in Gloucester, you may get a more competitive rate than going to the likes of Extreme

I had mine done at Sheffield Subaru Services did me it for £390 supplied and fitted skimmed the flywheel and new spigot bearing. Well he gave me a new flywheel as my lightened one had cracked and couldn't be skimmed. So I would say anything around the £400 to £500 mark is about the going price. I did get told be £700 from one garage :o  

Yeh I would say a good job would be around £400 with decent clutch & maybe little more depending on flywheel & clutch pedal assembly serviceable condition, you go too cheap & half the bolts get left out & everything they break while rushing is fixed back with cable ties :-S

Ive just got a quote £160 fitted, 

But im not sure weather to just leave it as long as I can. Apparantly most the clutches bite at the top on the impreza, so i think im best to leave it until it starts slipping.

No point spending unnecessary 

I'd say if it's slipping now it's on it's way out even if it's just a little bit might get a good few months out of it if you nurse it. Take it the price is £160 if you buy the parts ? 

I'd make sure they will skim the flywheel too seems a bit cheap £160 for the job that is needed to be done unless you are really friendly with the person and doing it at a good mates rates.  

I've just dug out when I had the clutch done before when I had the engine fully rebuilt was  £718.49 but that was with a uprated sports race clutch and lightened flywheel kit the labour and parts on it's own without the vat was 624.78 parts was 379.83 on it's own I mean that was many years ago now and I must have been flush that week :D and had less kids. 

Well if it's not slipping and it's just high I'd start putting a bit away ready then mate just incase the bite is a little higher from memory than other cars. And make sure you find out if the £160 covers the skimming of the flywheel it needs doing really why it's all out 

Yeah as long is it lasts until after respray thats all i care about,Ive just adjusted it, do it bites halfway down which i prefer. I dont do any hard starts anyway in it. 

Yeah i will check when it comes to it.

again thanks for all the help

£160 i would doubt for that it would include a skim, and if you don't skim the flywheel you shall be back to square 1 very very quickly. I would ask around any mates that have high performance cars, especially if you going to be going down the modded route, nothing worse than while they are mapping your clutch starts to slip and you see the big old BHP figure and torque have to be turned down, happened to me on my old bug.

• Like 1