Good old Virgin Mobile...

bitman

Oh, Oh, Oh, what a bunch of :ph34r:

i have the so called Virgin Media Mobile VIP abo of £18 with them using my own iphone as i do listen daily to SomeFM Groove Salad (my radio station of choise for about 5 years)

since yesterday i got about every 30 min buffering for about 30 till 60 sec (definitely traffic throttling)

i though enough is enough so i called those  :ph34r: on 789 to asked them what about my unlimited data allowance?

oh but you have already used 3.5gb of data and you are now being throttled. so what!? was my answer i don't care even if it was 1tb of data and told them i will have a look at the Three network to see if they have better terms and conditions.

well guys guess what?

after my phone call i started my radio station again and not had any buffering ever since (3 hours ago)... :o

IMHO all ISP's and mobile phone carriers are like the bankers, greedy  :ph34r:  & more

still going to talk with Three as Virgin Media Mobile is just borrowing bandwidth from EE as i'm on a monthly rolling contract with my own phone

have fun,

I'm with virgin media for BB TV and home phone, I'm sick of phoning them about my '60 meg' broadband, I'm lucky if I get more than 10 meg and eve then it's laggy as hell

please don't go to three, robbing !Removed!'s. I wanted a new phone mid contract, so I asked them to change the number on my contract (so my son could have the remaining 12 months) and me use my existing number on my new phone contract, they said it would be fine. I took out a new contract with Vodafone and they moved my number over, I then asked what number was on my old phone for my son. they said 'none', the contract had been cancelled, my next bill was nearly £300. I even went into the shop and they couldn't give a toss about it, so I had to pay the rest of my contract up. wankers :angry:

yep, yep, that's why i NEVER take a contract on a phone or other then a monthly roling contract

since the analog mobiles came to light (so called bricks) i always bought my own factory unlocked phones without a contract and by the end of they day it's always cheaper and you have the freedom to move around ;)

I think Vermin Media do the best BB in the UK still but they overstretch themselves and the service to quick every time to try stay ahead + results in PI$$ poor service. Not had mobile with them I'm on Vodafone and think they suck. My missus is on Pay as you go with Giffgaff and she gets better service than I do and it seems quicker without the hassle. :( 

was on vodafone (monthly rolling contract) some years back with my business and had a contract in the City as Team Lead so being reachable was very important to me and my staff. well turns out they had no way of reaching me as my phone was of the network for most of the time due to cell tower full, what a junk so that was a quick switch to t-mobile what didn't had these problems hence one of the reasons i'm only on monthly rolling contracts :rolleyes:

here in the UK i have had all operators now and they are all crap in some way

• Like 2

I'm with Vodafone now and it's crap compared to the wife's signal on 02, when we went to Cornwall she had full signal most of the time, but it was very rare that I had any signal :angry:

when I signed up with vodaphone, it was £35 per month, 3 months late it went up to £40.50p :angry: I'm sure they sell deals cheap, then 3 months in they just put the price up to what they want to, you can't get out of the contract either :angry: