Thumbs Up For Flux Insurance

BoozyDave

My renewal came through from Keith Michaels, for my impreza it was £815 and for them to insure my vito work van they quoted £950.

so I phoned flux and impreza was £750 and vito £660, they were their first quotes and I didn't even haggle

when I phoned keith michaels to tell them I wasn't going to renew my policy, they said I should have phoned them and they could have beaten my new quotes :(

like WTF! why not quote me lower in the first place then, so it doesn't look like they are trying to rip me off :angry:

• Like 1

I'm not getting on too well with them. They were cheap, much cheaper than anyone else. I've sent them my documents a couple of times and they keep on asking for them, latest email today (after a letter asking me to send my driving licence copies again) was to ask my reg number. Same as it was when I rang up to get my insurance.

I will PM that guy whos on here that works for them for you see if he can deal with it personally for you.

Had a few members have good feedback for them through the club. Never nice to see this more so with club members.

But glad to hear Bitman got it sorted fine and cheap :D

UPDATE

I've messaged Dan on here for you see if we can get something sorted one way or another :( 

Out of interest was all the above through the clubs insurance ?

yeah he specifically asked me if i was members of the owners club.

then he went of the speak to the "underwriter" - lol whoever that guy is, but he sounded like he was in the know.

It is weird Flux was also involved with my old club a few years back always had mixed reviews there too but had someone that was use the forums to sort most things out might be the same guy. I'm not sure but most people got on well with them. 

Thanks, to be honest it is getting on my nerves but not enough that I'd bother with the cancellation fee  :wacko:

we also have burn our hands on their total disorginised administration. there is a read-up on the Hilux forum from me and some other members...

but they are not allone as many others are the same. they never heard of centralized database systems, email, scanners etc etc like a banana republic. had my current insurance calling me today and yesterday about the same issue while there is no claim so no issue!!! :angry:  told the guy on the phone that i was annoyed by his calls

• Like 1

I'm not getting on too well with them. They were cheap, much cheaper than anyone else. I've sent them my documents a couple of times and they keep on asking for them, latest email today (after a letter asking me to send my driving licence copies again) was to ask my reg number. Same as it was when I rang up to get my insurance.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble.

If you PM me some of your details I'll look into the matter immediately.

Many thanks

Dan

Well, I've been truly shafted!!!!

it turns out that the Flux policy for my car was supposed to be the same as Keith Michaels, just got the limited mileage form through and it is only for 3,000 miles, not 5,000 like it should be. I phoned them up this morning and they said if I raise the allowed mileage to 5,000 it would 'only' cost me another £150!!!! Robbing ******'s!!!! That's more than my renewal quote! I said it's within 14 days so can I cancel? Yes I can, but I have to pay some fees, so 10 days insurance has cost me over £100!

I've phoned Keith Michaels and they have done it for £750 like they said.

Very disappointing from a club sponsor!

NO, I didn't want an STI, and YES, I could afford one if I did want one!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 36 with 10 years NCB, but I had a bump 18 months ago (protected) no points, the nearest 5 streets are decent with no crime, but about quarter a mile away there's a council estate that's a bit rough.

I think that's more of a problem than the car I drive.