Forester sunroof

peejay

I have one of the last 2nd generation 08 XTEn with which I am very pleased. Whilst washing it at the weekend I notice the rubber seal around the edge of the glass had perished in places. It was like little bits had been nibbled out of it. Any ideas on a replacement. Initial response from local scooby dealer was that the part is no longer available!

Thanks guys for your comments. I spoke to another dealer who did a bit more searching for me. Apparently the rubber seal is available. Unfortunately it only comes attached to the glass part of the sunroof. A mere £946.00 to you sir :o

Back to the drawing board I think.

prety sure we have answered a fozzy sunroof question before and the states do a replacement glass roof for a lot less.

I dont know if this is your model but item 9 sunroof seal retails at $46

http://www.buysubarupartsnow.com/auto-parts/2008/subaru/forester/body/roof/?trim=sports-2-5-xt&engine=2-5l-h4-gas

I took the part no. from the link to my local dealer. Lo and behold it is available in the uk. Shame they couldn't have done the job properly when I first asked them :angry:

• 1 month later...

Update.

Doh! Item 9 on the parts fische says sunroof seal. Very misleading. This is actually the interior trim around the roof lining below the glass roof. Apparently the seal around the glass is only available with the glass panel! megabucks!

Back to the drawing board :(