NEED YOUR HELP!!

sam786

i currently own a 96 subaru impreza wrx wagon, the car is running 300hp, has had a remap done to it, performance exhaust, air filter, and front mount intercooler. the car runs mint, but i have noticed that it doesnt have a dump valve/blow off valve (have only had the car for a week), so everytime i drive it and i put my foot down, i here the turbo flutter, which i beleive isnt good for the turbo, so im planning on getting a dump valve, but i havent owned a turbo car in years, my last one was a evo 4 but that had a top mount intercooler, so how would i install a dump valve on a front mount intercooler? 

reply soon

thanks

The intercooler pipe that goes to the throttle body usually has an adapter for one. It usually points down.

I keep using the word' usually' because most things on Subarus are never the same :)

That's something I'd be interested as my Diesel turbo chatters sometimes and mines all standard so I'm wondering if its something I should be calling dealer about? not up enough on turbos. I do know that the turbo is really loud (sounds like a truck turbo sometimes) and sounds like it has a dump valve or something when you change gear. . . but its a standard diesel. any thoughts from those in the know? I got 5 years warranty so not massively worried but if it needs looking at I'd rather do it now.