Xt turbo 2.5 18" wheels what tyres

Leecalcars

Just upgrading the wheels and tyres on my forester fro 16" to 18" I have 2 selection of tyres 225 40 18 or 225 45 18 which would be the better tyre I'm fitting either land sail or khumo not sure how far the budget will stretch yet but just concerned with the rolling radius.

Thanks lee

Falkens would get my vote if budget goes that far but I have ran on Kumho's before and found them to be a nice tyre not noisy 

I think the 40's will save you money as it's more common tyre I've got 35s on mine and it costs about £20 more each corner  

I can get a set if 225 45 18 good budget tyres (land sail) for £50 each so. £200 for the tyres and I know a nice man to fit them for me free of charge .

Would you say the 45 profile would be better or stick with the 40 ?

Lee

45'S would give you more 'comfort' but it depends on if that takes it over the rim+ tyre size of the 16" plus profile, i take it your on a 60 profile at the mo ?

Obviously the speedo will read wrong if you go over the radius, i've heard the diff not liking it either but that may iust be the internet talking

45'S would give you more 'comfort' but it depends on if that takes it over the rim+ tyre size of the 16" plus profile, i take it your on a 60 profile at the mo ?

Obviously the speedo will read wrong if you go over the radius, i've heard the diff not liking it either but that may iust be the internet talking

I run 18" wheels on my Impreza with 225 35 18 tyres and the diff seems fine 45s would be comfier as you said I can get the set of 45 profile for 200 and the 40 profile for 180 undecided what's the rolling radius on the forester ?

Cheers lee

I'm no expert when it comes to anything tyre/wheel related so don't hold me to anything ! looks like the sti forester used 225/45/18 so like you say should be ok. Just watch the offset as the rears may rub :-)

I'm no expert when it comes to anything tyre/wheel related so don't hold me to anything ! looks like the sti forester used 225/45/18 so like you say should be ok. Just watch the offset as the rears may rub :-)

going to try the 225 40 18 the rota wheels I have the offset is 48 so should be ok I have these on my Impreza as well Il get them fitted and report back

Lee (and all)

Here are a couple of links that calculate what you can and can't fit to maintain you're rolling radii within the required +/-2.5% (EDIT: the 2nd one is probably more useful)

http://www.alloywheels.com/Alloy-Wheels-Fitment-Guide

http://www.brspecialtuning.co.uk/Tyre%20size%20calculator.htm

Hope you all find them useful  :)

• Like 2

Lee (and all)

Here are a couple of links that calculate what you can and can't fit to maintain you're rolling radii within the required +/-2.5% (EDIT: the 2nd one is probably more useful)

http://www.alloywheels.com/Alloy-Wheels-Fitment-Guide

http://www.brspecialtuning.co.uk/Tyre size calculator.htm

Hope you all find them useful  :)

thats spot on thanks really is a good tool I went for the khumo's in the end 225 40 18 the rr with the 40's is 85mm difference in circumference so should gave gone with the 45's but at nearly £30 a corner extra my budget just would stretch .. I paid £330 for x4 khumo xl y speed rating
  • Like 1

I was a little unsure myself I have a few sets of these as I use them on my Impreza sprint car (695hp) I was considering the gunmetal but as the fozzy is platinum silver grey the black alloys look quite good and was also concerned that the 40 profile was a bit low but to be honest it's not to bad a little harder on the ride but not much il get some better pics up when the sun comes out ...

Next on the list is new stainless cat back system so still mot friendly then a mod on the front brake setup going for 4 pots with s/s pistons and painted in silver ,rear brakes cleaned and sprayed with new disks , full gearbox oil and diff oil change plugs and engine oil fuel filter and full rear window tints then il be happy then.

Thats why i was interested in seeing the larger wheels with the smaller profile some of them look odd but i think the black on black suits it well.

Mmm clean stroked engine :-) much want