Output shaft bearing

tje

Hey guys. Just after a bit if advice. I'm currently having my output shaft bearing changed as there was a very fine whine noise coming from the drivetrain somewhere.

As the repair is being carried out by the dealership I got the car from under warranty. Is there anything else I need to get checked over? Not sure if that starting to fail can cause problems further down the drive train.

Hopefully I can get her back tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack if any specific information but I haven't been told much more than that.

Thanks.

Tim

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

What is the kind of thing that could happen if I did ignore it? Just curious as to if I need to get anything inspected. As it had this slight noise when I picked it up. So no idea how long it could have been making that noise for

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

the more it wears the more movement / vibration you get travelling down the drive shaft this then causes wear on the other bearings but as it was a whine only not progressed to vibration or knocking you should be fine