Hi everyone!! new 330s problems already!!!

lee1981

Ok, a bit of an update!!! The car has been at the Subaru main dealers for nearly 2 weeks!! they originally told me it was a wiring fault and they could repair it, it now turns out they can not find any wiring faults! They say they have checked everything they can and that they suspect it is the ECU that is faulty.

There seems to be a fault when you un bolt the ECU from its bracket and move it when the ignition is turned on the fan actually goes off and the lights on the dash start flickering on and off and you can hear you can hear all the relays clicking behind the dash etc.

Now they are telling me its the ECU and I need a new one or to get this one checked out, but I also believe there is a chance that it could be the wiring harness going into the ECU because surely if there was a bad connection it would it would show up when moving the ECU?? I have researched 330s ECU faults and seeing that these are a denso ECU no one has seemed to have any faults...?? so it seems unlikely that mine is the only one...??

These did my engine rebuild and remap and other stuff about 8 years ago and I thought they was spot on they should be able to check it for you 

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/contacts.php?osCsid=4cf5e20f7d497e238390074b7e6a0fbe

Or will have there own people that can. Not the cheapest place but only one I know local to you.

Scooby clinic doesn't get a good review by a few on here that have been there always charging for jobs that didn't need doing and so on :(

I'm not sure about testing them myself to be fair and couldn't tell you if Scoobyworld can test them but be worth ringing them I guess.

Yes pretty sure they knew that's why they got rid, not sure they knew what problem was and that's why it looks like it has had new bits and been looked at before, it seems no one can seem to find the fault.