Hi everyone!! new 330s problems already!!!

lee1981

Hi everyone!

Sorry my first post is a problem one!

I have just got myself a 2009 Subaru impreza sti 330s in white, been saving for ages!! but the bad news is I am having problems already!!!

Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a wiring diagram??

The car has started to take ages to start up, the coolant temp gauge shoots straight up in to the red and the fans come straight on, this happens as soon as I turn the ignition on before I have even started it up!!

I have changed the temp sensor already but no luck, im hoping you guys my be able to point me in the right direction...

cheers Lee

what happens if you disconnect the temp sensor?

ps

sorry being called away - will have to pick this up later or maybe someone else will join in - just didnt want you to feel abandoned in middle of conversation :mellow:

Can't say I've seen any other white 330s' about in Nottm.... was it bought private or at a trader?

is it running on Vpower?

Get it to ScoobyClinic at Chesterfield or Carnetix at Melton to get checked out.

A guy on MidlandScoobies had bought a white STi hatch, it had had a ss zort and induction kit fitted.... but never had a re map!!! the car ran like pants.

Hucknall in nottinigham, private sale, it is completely standard, as far as I know it was ran on v power, it was running ok until one day when it took ages to start and the temp gauge shot up and the fans came on all when it is still cold! 

Don't like the sound of that. Is it using a lot of water? Check compensation over flow tank when car is cold. Ideally over night. It should be half full.

Are you using up more oil than usual?

Post same question on www.m-soc.com

Kevin from Scooby clinic should answer you on there.

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Let me get this right.

You've bought a high performance car and don't know if it's had a build or not. If it has you don't know by who!

And the previous owners doesn't know?

Bells ringing alarm. Comes to mind for me!

When I bought my 330s I knew where it originally was sold new. Owners had had it from new and px at Subaru dealer where I bought it from. Car had full Subaru service history. As it does.

Did you buy at a good price?

I brought the car private as an untouched standard car, I have only found out since looking for this temp fault that it has had work done before, car has full dealer history. I have contacted the previous owner and he says he never had anything done to it. There was one previous owner before him.

spoke to the dealer that it had been serviced with, they said they had new computers and don't have any information on any cars anymore!!! what a joke!!

They told me to contact Subaru uk which I have done, they have told me I need to sent a request online for my warranty info.

Yes sorry I ment Subaru UK also known as IM.

Are you on Scooby net? Rob Ostle might be able to help you. He works at Stan Palmers and is their top technician

There is a hatch thread in gallery on ScoobyNet too. Worth a read.