Hi everyone!! new 330s problems already!!!

lee1981

So a bit of an update, I have traced all the wiring back and could not find any faults anywhere!! I have had a lot of advice from some helpful people today, scoobyclinic seem to think that it is my headgaskets that have gone and these are the symptons of that?

Carnetix seem to think it is an electrical fault but obviously both these companies need to see the car first.

So at the minute the car struggles to start, when it does it coughs and splutters, when driving there is no power and all the dash warnings lights are on (check engine, cruise, traction lights etc) the only fault code stored is p0117engine coolant temp circuit and this code will not erase!

The temp gauge shoots up to the red as soon as ignition is turned on, this happens all the time as soon as I turn the key even when engine is stone cold! and fans are constantly on too.

With a scanner plugged in the data is saying the engine is 120 even though it is stone cold.

I have done a compression test and all are approx. 150 psi per cylinder.

Any advice would be appreciated before I spend 3k getting the headgaskets done!

cheers Lee

Haha I don't know many people that don't call it scabby.net now. Don't get me wrong it's nothing against the site or the Admins and Staff why I call it that. I've spoke to the Admins and found them very pleasant and helpful, I've been a member on it for years must be about 8 years ago when I 1st started to use maybe more, and am a full paid member but I think how some members speak to others on there is shocking and has given the site a pretty bad rep. I've spoken to a lot of Subaru owners that won't use the site now. Two are in their mid 50's :( just for that reason.

Still no luck!! I ve booked it in with dealers for Wednesday so im sure they will just check everything I have already checked and charge me £100 an hour for the privilege!!,

Wow most places I know will check a car over for free unless you're having the sniff test done and the ECU read. Mind you I can even have the ECU done for free to be read. :(  But either way best I think just for peace of mind and to try get to the bottom of the problem. Hope it's not to bad for you mate 

Yeah sounds like they will do a sniff test a smoke test for air leaks and get it on the ECU to test it. Was about £85 for me to get that done on a car awhile back. but that was a one off payment £85 I didn't have any extra or hourly rate :( 

I dont see how the symptom of temp gauge going to full when you have just turned the key is linked to head gasket failure - I wonder if the ECU has crapped itself and needs a reboot as you have a dash that is lit up like a Christmas tree.

I hope they can sort it out for you but it does sound like they will be willy nilly plug pulling - maybe hooked up to a more sophisticated diagnostic apparatus will turn something up

I would recommend these they did my engine rebuild and a bunch of other stuff. 

Scoobyworld Ltd
Unit 2 Prince WIlliam Way
Loughborough
Leicestershire
LE11 5DD

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/servicing.php

But if going to sheffield or near there I'd give Martin a try at http://www.subaruservicingyorkshire.co.uk/

IMHO get a better service and he won't ever try to sell you anything you don't need. 

• Like 1