Black Hawkeye North Thoresby

Gambit

• 2 weeks later...

Hey up mate! Ran into this forum by accident and realised its me, so thought i'd create an account.  Your the blue blob with the decals? **** BXR?  I drive past you quite a lot but i'm never in the scoob.  Bought my RB320 in february and loving every minute.  It's become my daily driver at the moment after my rover signed off in flames the other week!  Racking up some impressive petrol costs living way out here as i'm sure you can relate!!   See you out there!  :D

• Like 1

Hello mate glad to see you found us the blobeye is one of them im normally in the bugeye or thunder bird one as I call it thunder bird 2 is the blobeye [emoji2] I love the Rb320 it's on my ultimate wish list of Subarus to own [emoji4] if you come out from your house and head to Marsh chapel I live in the 1st house you would go past next to the canal [emoji2]

The local main stealers is Louth the citreon garage and I think there is another one in Horncastle so another subaru owner was telling me who comes here in a black hawkeye sti.

The house on the left immediately after the bridge? Only time i head out that way is for random drives out when i get bored at the weekend.  Sometimes end up going as far as Mablethorpe.

Thanks a lot for the garage info mate!  Wouldn't have had a clue where to take it, there isn't much info online about Subaru servicing around here, and i don't know any local scooby owners to ask.

Thats the one mate pop in for a brew sometime :) I've seen you go past a few times.

I pass your's a fair bit mainly because of my 14 year old daughter has a boyfriend in Alvingham. I did pass not long back and see someone washing the car. Not that I was spying or anything :) 

To be fair most owners around this way seem a funny bunch from the few I've stopped to speak too. I was doing a Subaru Owners club BBQ last year and spoke to a couple of lads in North Summer Cotes one has a Silver classic shape but couldn't interest him in turning up :( or his mate who owned one but they all stick the thumb up when they see me :) Don't know if they ever came on the forums either.

I was thinking about trying to get a local meetup sorted soon though I've not seen any in this area just finding the right place. :)

And no problem with the links mate one of the best things about the subaru is the family spirit it seems to have :) 

I do use Sheffield Subaru Service for repairs had a clutch done there abit back top bloke Martin Just a shame he wasn't closer, I'm sure the Sheffield lot wouldn't agree with me though :D 

Yeah man i'll have to pop round some time when i'm not busy.  I'd also be up for an owners club meet.  Not sure who organises these or how often they run but i'd definitely show up if anything gets arranged. 

We have a regional section down the forum and have japfest 2 ready to book for club stand. I've never seen a local subaru meet yet so I might have ti see if we can get a few of us. I will try find a nice pub with space to park see what we can sort out from there [emoji2]

And no problem weekends im normally kicking about but pop round whrn it suits you mate I will have to get the hoover around my car soon then haha.

Wasn't me mate. Guess there's another black hawk about. Might head out that way tomorrow afternoon when I inevitably end up bored out my face

I didn't see what type it was hard to tell from the back but it was a new age I know another chap with a black hawkeye but he would normally pop in if it was him maybe just someone out for a nice long drive :D 

I did pop past yours see a few cars on the front but didn't see the RB thats why I thought it was you. Well if you go past I should be about unless I have to go back to pick my daughter and her boyfriend up again. But have nothing planned so welcome to pop in mate. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dan 

Was going to look at the pub at Tetney lock as a possible place for a meet up on a Sunday once a month what you reckon I liked the idea of the Millhouse but I drove past the other day and the field at the front is well over grown and it's pretty dear to buy food if anyone takes kids :( 

Good idea! Never been in the Crown & Anchor or paid much attention to it really.  Could go scope it out this week.  Millhouse would be a good shout if they could be bothered to mow the lawns!  There's also the White Horse just down the way from us in Marshchapel?  

Yeah I did think about that I know a bloke used to do a classic car day there a few years back but past away :(  They have a big field at the back that I'm sure we can maybe bribe to open if we can get enough going. I will spend the 1st month touting for owners to come  :lol:

Spoke to a chap yesterday in tesco with one, hopefully he will find his way here, and I know a few others might be able to convince :D

I know like all meets they normally start with just 3 or 4 then build up as word spreads. I will even try Scoobynet  <_<  :lol:

Which one do you fancy trying 1st

White horse only + side that has for me is it's held events before big field cheap and better roads to dive down. But when I've been in before seems a bit of the local chav type pub.

Millhouse would have been amazing very nice place but is on the expensive side for food and I don't think they have a play area for any kids. and as you said they need to cut the damn grass 

Crown & Anchor I've only been a handful of times doesn't seem to get busy but the roads either way aren't very nice drive. 

I'll go wherever mate not fussed.  Gonna be some trial and error anyway i reckon.  You ever been in the Axe and Cleaver? It's a bit further afield at Somercotes but it looks decent.  Their car park is limited on space big time though  -_-  Louth also has some good potential venues.  

• Like 1

I know there is a couple of Subaru owners at Somercotes one has a classic silver, and I have seen a bugeye with Cusco stickers there. I agree I think once we find a balance of where is best suited for us and everyone else :)