Which Exhaust?

2.5 is better if under 350 as you dont lose low down torque, however the 3" you can hear the turbo spool nicely but is considerably deeper tone and depending on your back box will give a slightly raspy sound.

• Like 1

I've decided to return it and get the 3". I'm thinking of upgrading the turbo someday (very far) in the future to get between 350&400bhp so will be ready for that. I've also got my downpipe and de-cat in 2.5" so hoping that will help with keeping some low down torque while making that future turbo upgrade cheaper since I'll only have to re-buy that part in 3". I want a deep tone too so happy about that. I like keeping the revs high anyway when on it so shouldn't be a problem.

Yea i noticed that too Dave. I couldn't find a phone number so emailed them. Got back to me very quick and they are hopefully just going to do a straight swap and refund me the difference. :D been excellent customer service so far. Just waiting to get confirmation since I agreed to it. She's also made the manager aware to get that description changed.

• Like 1

2nd time lucky?

2m5ibu1.jpg

Well... Could be very, VERY lucky actually! As you may be able to see from the pic, instead of sending me the 3" catback they've now sent me the full 3" decat system which includes the downpipe.

http://www.jperformance.co.uk/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-gda-gdb-exhaust-system-downpipe-decat-01-p-313.html

Could have saved £100 there :D

I'm hoping this is kind of an apology for misinformation on the site and sending me the incorrect one in the first place. But they may have just made another mistake and may want me to pay the extra... So I'm not sure whether to bring it up with the person I've been emailing. They have been really helpful too so don't want to take advantage really.

What to do?!

• Like 1

Think I might do that actually. Thing is, it's not booked in until 7th June. Anyway I can make 100% sure this is compatible with my 2003 STi? Just worried they may have mixed it up with anothe model now haha!

Can you guys tell from the pics? Can't say I've ever seen that wide bell mouth style long downpipe for any other make but could be for a classic?

Suppose I could drive to Martins this Saturday and ask him to look at it for me if not.

Edit - scratch that. Just been looking around on eBay. It looks exactly like any 3" with 4.5" tip non-branded and some cheap branded (Toyo sports) exhaust on there. Suddenly don't feel too bad about not saying anything about it to them now since I'm already being overcharged even at the original £245 price by looks of it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STi-New-ageTurbo-01-06-3-full-decat-de-cat-exhaust-system-/201078783957?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AImpreza&hash=item2ed13abfd5

Confident it's the right one now too. I know this will take some persuasion to fit just like people say about the Toyo Sports one so apart for it saying J Performance on the tip I think there's zero difference between them.