More bad luck

Ash007ks

well turns out im slightly cursed.

While using my sony xperia Z1 today, I thought i could hear a cracking noise and looked at the screen and to my amazement i was a crack go from one side of the screen to the other in a half moon shape.

This phone has never been dropped and only has a slight mark where i cause the screen but in a different place to where the crack is.

I checked on google and apparently its a common fault with the Xperia's but Sony Wont acknowledge that there is anything wrong.

I spoke to one of the assistants and this was quickly apparent, i was quizzed if it had been dropped and told that there is nothing wrong with the phone its self, it would have to come back to Sony where i would have to pay for the repairs and if i didnt accept the repairs i would be held to a £15 release fee, i explained i wouldnt mind paying if i had broken the phone but in all my years of Phone ownership ive never smashed a screen once.

Im totally dissappointed with Sony as ive recently sold my iphone 5 to get this and was upgrading to the Z2 in the next coming weeks, however i now think i may reconsider.

Gutted mate, I'd get in contact with a consumer rights organisation, if it's a manufacturing defect your well withn your rights to request a replacment,

I'll put me hand up for Samsung products too, I've thrown my galaxy all over some of the abuse ould have killed an iphone outright

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Samsung get my vote, had a S3, Note 1, Note 10.1 and all absolutely brilliant. Had an iphone 3gs and 4s and thought they were both absolutely awful, Battery life is absolutely terrible, even though other batteries get worse with time you can just replace them easily. Also found the fact that you can only use Apple software (which is **** at the best of time) really annoying. But that's my little rant over.

I would do as Stanton says, go to a consumer goods group, if you can prove that it is a common problem and therefore a defect that happened before purchase then you have some hope. May not have been worth arguing over a £25 exhaust but might be worth some effort on a phone worth a few hundred.

I've got an xperia and I'm not impressed, it is better than my last phone (HTC !Removed!) but not a patch on the wife's phones, her old S2 was better and her S4 pisses all over it

I wouldn't touch Apple either, all fan boys that think they're the greatest thing ever :rolleyes:. they even tried to patent the tablet as their idea, even though bill gates was on TV with one he'd designed 5 years earlier :rolleyes:, they even tried to patent the shape of a phone, saying they were the first company that made one 'with slightly rounded corners'!!!! like WTF :rolleyes:

Sony should repair it, but looks like they are doing the same as Subaru with the 2.5's

Haha! Sorry mate, hate to laugh but you sure as Hell make me feel better. I normally feel like I've got the worst luck but yours is something else. I realise things aren't so bad whenever you post something as it's always worse ;)

• Like 2

Sony seem to be going downhill with most things these days... they released the ps4 and it barely has any "exclusive" games compared to Microsoft. Also I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 and it runs smooth as anything :)