airbox hose size ?

stants

I think my airbox hose is on its way out, looking very brittle around the jubilee clips to the point where it's splitting. Done the soapy water test and it's inconclusive sometimes bubbles other times not,

How do I find out what size mine is ? Do I measure the internal diameter,extrnal diameter or the end of the maf housing to get the size I'm guessing i's not gonna be 76 mm so tha narrows it down a bit

Impreza's normally use a "hard pipe" replacement I think .

check to see if your flexi has a vacuum pipe take off underneath like my v3

As I'm unsure if you can just blank it off if your replacement hasn't got a vacuum take off .

ash hoses are good quality at a reasonable price

Many thanks I'll take mine off tomorrow and have a measure. The hose/pipe stuff I'm looking at is fairly solid,

I can't recall seeing a vacuum take off before,

I'll see if I can find a pic I took a while back, got told by somone on another forum some of the foz stuff matches up to v4/5 components,

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

20140506_074130_zps2relqpuf.jpg

Yours the same location sav ? Not hsd chance to pull it apart this morning as a bit late in getting sorted. A rough measurement on outside diameter was 90mm at the maf end.

Looks the same as my v3 , but the v5/v6 set up looks the same as mine as a bit as well .

It's only the offset inlet bolt pattern, recirc valve being directly attached to the tmic and coil pack being of center (my v3 coil pack sits in the center of the inlet) that are the main visual differences.

My flexi is definitely 80 mm ish I/d at the maff end cos ive got some 3" (76mm) o/d ally pipe where the maff used to be ;-)

The vacuum pipe is directly below the throttle cable clipped onto the flexi (in your pic ) on my v3

Thanks for that my recirc valve isn't attached to the i/c so I'n none the wiser haha I'll email a couple of companies and see what they have listed. Y pipe under the I/c is the same samco kit as the v5 so hopefully they'll be able to to point me in the right direction. Do you have a link for the company you recommend for hoses ? Sorry I'm being lazy :-)