Fog light to driving light conversion?

stants

I tend to think front fogs are a bit of a waste or time really as it hardly ever gets that bad that I need to use them,

What would you need to do to convert them into driving lights, could I just get away with a different bulb and relay somewhere or do they need to be ripped out and units placed in that can be adjusted and what not ?

Sent from my SM-T210

Its actually illegal to have your fogs on if visibility is above a certain distance, I check my high beam and fogs from time to time on the house at the end of the street 90 degree bend, must do their heads in [emoji16] notice that one was outso it got me thinking, turns out the bulb holder had worked its way loose and was iluminating the wheel arch

Sent from my SM-T210

I think the same with front fog's, pointless really.

I looked into fitting driving lights a few years ago. it's the reflectors in the lamps the dictate if they are fog or driving lights, fog are wide angle for close vision and driving lights are narrow angle for distance. think of the focus on a mag light

one other thing in the law, fog lights can be switched on with the side lights on, but driving lights should only come on with full beam

Dave has it there - looked into it a few years back and came across them having different lenses that was as far as I got as I also found out it is illegal to flash your high beams as it may cause unnecessary dazzling of another driver - so all the scooby acknowledgements are actually illegal

so if it was me I would go for driving lights and have them wired to come on with the side lights or fog lights with the halo ring and have the halos come on with side lights - with all these LED running lights I don't think dibble will be that interested however if you are driving like a plonker it is an additional infringement they can levy against you

Not when you live out in the countryside gets well bad here I will try take a picture when it starts to get cold again now if might get foggy again. But I am near the coast as well though.

Cheers for the info dave

That pisses on my bonfire then, dunno if the impreza is the same but my foglight switch turns the sidelights on at the same time, I now know why !

In the highway code Doesn't flashing your lights mean 'stop I have right of way and am coming past' or similar ?

Winds me up the amount of people why drive with the fogs on during day because it looks 'cool' and all the newer cars with turn lighting assist how pointless is that.

Drove a citroen a while back and couldn't work out why my fogs were coming on when I went round a corner. Had to get out and let someone turn the wheel shile I looked at the front though I'd left them on and a bulb was out. If you can't see with your lights on in the dark then you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

If I'm driving down a narrow rual road which I've never been down I'll maybe put the fogs on to throw a bit more light to the edges but thats about it