New tyre time need advise,

Just like to add to this again now I've got a few hundred - 1000 miles on my Vredesteins. Now they've worn in a bit the grip has increased by a pretty big amount, they're almost on par with the Parada's I had in the dry now and still great in the wet too.

Brilliant tyres!

• Like 1

I had cheap Chinese tires on my car when I bought it and had same problem as op. Four wheel slide doing 10mph on a slightly damp road!

I used even tyres. The web site has all the official ratings for wet, economy and noise. The Chinese tires I had were on there and were around 8dbs louder that the tires I picked.

http://www.event-tyres.co.uk

I have Goodyear F1s. I chose them for their wet and DB rating. I think they are great and I've not had one scary moment in the 4 months I've had them now and the 4,000 miles I've done. Imprezas are quite noisy cars and I do still have a fair bit of road noise - better than before. Perhaps I need to use that sound proof paint on my arches or something.

I wanted to try Vredesteins (can't remember the model name everyone was raving about) but they didn't do a 215 if I remember in the raved about model.